My Family Fighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Family Fighting.

Right now, there is a rift in my family.
    In the centre of this rift is my younger sister.
    I seem to be on the outside looking in.

A few years ago, my younger sister got involved with a guy who treated her like shit. He would constantly tell her that her opinions should be ignored and that she should be glad he puts up with her at all. Despite everyone telling her to leave him, she stayed with him for about 2 years. In that time it became a regular scene of her coming to my parents house in tears. We tried to help her, but eventually after a year, I'm sorry to say that we started to just avoid her when she started crying. It seemed pointless to approach her as all she would do is scream at us. It wasn't unusual for her to walk out to her car to cry in the backseat for an hour, then walk back in like nothing had happened.

It started to get even worse when she started to see a therapist. First she went to one with her bf for couples counseling, and then later to one by herself.
    She later started off with a new bf, one just as bad as the previous. I would want to cry when she would talk about him. But she didn't leave until it almost became dangerous.

Now, she's been seeing a therapist for a while now, and I just don't agree with his technique. It seems to be where she is encouraged to find instances from her childhood that has shaped her into the person she is today. What they found out was that my brother had been abusing her her whole life, and that my parents never did anything to help her.

I love my sister, but I just can't agree to this theory.

My brother was a typical boy. He was a bit rough, but never to the extremes she's accusing him of. Most instances she speaks about don't feel abusive in the way she describes it, and I've had the same sort of fights with my brother. It was just sibling behaviour to me.

I would have thought that her revisited childhood would have pointed towards me.
    In the time growing up, I have choked her, bitten her, screamed at her, and in one instance, I punched her hard enough in the face that she lost a tooth.
    I have also been the cause of at least 3 black eyes for my brother, one that was merely millimetres from making him blind.

Just today, my sister decided to make her accusations against my family public through her facebook account. Everyone in my family was named except for me. I also found out that she has been kicked out of my parents house, and refused entry at both my brothers and older sisters houses, and is currently at a motel.

I feel like I'm watching a soap opera and I just can't work out what is happening. It's frightening.
    "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
    Josh Thomas

An unethical therapist can easily plant false memories in a patient's mind. That could have been what happened here. I know what it feels like to be distantly watching the family drama....the best you can hope for sometimes is for nobody to get hurt.

Comment

And this is why I don't trust therapists at all.

I think the thing that disturbed everyone was the fact that she decided to air the families dirty laundry in a public forum instead of talking to the people involved face to face. We would have gone to sessions with her and talked it all out. I'm afraid that now she's just alienated everyone. I'm the only one seen to be on her side, but I just can't agree with what she's done. That and the fact that I'm on the opposite side of the world from her right now. I just hope she has a strong friend network to help her out right now. I don't want her to become the family member that no-one sees or talks about anymore.
      "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
      Josh Thomas

Comment

Just hope she has a good friends to balance out her therapist.

Im unfortunate to be on the end of my ex being pissed at me for contacting her again because I told her not to come to my fucking house because my mom invited her and well if I'm so obsessive and verbally aggressive like she claims, she would have never agreed to come out to my house, I would have never been put in the position of contacting her when she acted the invite and my mom refused to uninvite her but I knew that drama would have came. After I shared my concerns she cited her therapist is the one that told her to respond the way she did, which makes me hope she is being more honest with him than she was with me because after talking shit out with my family it came down to I was concerned about her from the little shit she told me about her new life. Also, I told them EVERYTHING about the situation because originally they were taking her side and it was starting major shit.

So just be glad your being left out of it.

Comment

Working...
        X