Wow. Another terroist attack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Another terroist attack.

Well attempted anyway. And in my own home town. Feels kinda wierd. What I don't understand is, even though FBI supplied a fake explosion, why'd they even let it get to that point? Why not just arrest the dude the moment he started asking for explosions to kill people?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...t_bombing.html
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Because actually trying to use a bomb probably carries a much larger penalty.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What I don't understand is, even though FBI supplied a fake explosion, why'd they even let it get to that point?
      Well I think the Feds wanted to make sure that they put together a slam-dunk case in order to maximize the probability of conviction in the case he denies everything.

However........it may very well be that the government fabricated the whole thing to use as another excuse to take away even more of our freedoms. The government lies so much as it is I won't even believe this actually happened UNTIL I see a formal indictment by the PEOPLE.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdj View Post
        fabricated the whole thing to use as another excuse to take away even more of our freedoms. The government lies so much as it is I won't even believe this actually happened UNTIL I see a formal indictment by the PEOPLE.
        If the government goes through that much trouble, don't you think they'd just bring in their own /jury/ of the people to convict him? Their own judge? Easy enough to get a judge and lawyer/lawyer combos, but the jury itself could all work for the goverment.
        Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
        I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

They wanted to get more on in before convicting him. It also sounds like they tried to get into his head, but failed. I wonder though, did they ever find his contact?

Comment

However........it may very well be that the government fabricated the whole thing to use as another excuse to take away even more of our freedoms. The government lies so much as it is I won't even believe this actually happened UNTIL I see a formal indictment by the PEOPLE.
            Holy conspiracy theory Batman! It can't be as simple as someone just hating America. Nope, it must be the government!
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              Holy conspiracy theory Batman! It can't be as simple as someone just hating America. Nope, it must be the government!
              Yeah??? Well why won't the federal government indict Bin Laden????

Just because the mainstream media wont touch it doesn't mean it's not true.

Peel an onion and you'll find lots of layers.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                If the government goes through that much trouble, don't you think they'd just bring in their own /jury/ of the people to convict him? Their own judge? Easy enough to get a judge and lawyer/lawyer combos, but the jury itself could all work for the goverment.
                Well Plaid, it's just that the government has lied to me so much that they no longer have credibility to me. It's NOT enough for them to simply point the finger at someone and say, "You're guilty! End of story. Time to move on...."

The last straw was that bullshit story they made up about Pat Tillman's death. Not to mention that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a bullshit lie to. So, naturally, I'm taking this case with that grain of salt.

Comment

The last straw was that bullshit story they made up about Pat Tillman's death. Not to mention that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a bullshit lie to. So, naturally, I'm taking this case with that grain of salt.
                  I'll agree that the Tonkin Gulf Incident was bullshit. I've researched and read enough about it to come to that decision as well. However, I don't think this story is fake.

Right now, the strife with Homeland Security is in our airports. If they wanted a fake story to make us feel safer and cave in to their demands, the incident would've taken place at an airport.

I'm glad they were able to intervene in this before he got a real bomb. What worries me though is how close they might be to being guilty of entrapment.
                  Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

o_O uh Crashhelmet? They did try to lie about Pat Tillman. They were screaming it was enemy fire, before sheepishly confusing that yeah, it was friendly fire that killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
                      What worries me though is how close they might be to being guilty of entrapment.
                      that word, you keep using it, I do not think it means what you think it means.

entrapment defined-

In order to establish entrapment, the defendant has the burden of proving either that he or she would not have committed the crime but for the undue persuasion or fraud of the government agent, or that the encouragement was such that it created a risk that persons not inclined to commit the crime would commit it,

He was already planning the crime before the agent "assisted" thus it is in no way "entrapment".
                      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Indeed. They gave him tons and tons of chances to back out. No-one put a gun to his head and forced him to do it. That isn't entraptment at all.

Comment

Yes, but it all it takes is one little screwup. One piece of evidence to show that he was encouraged. Rest assured that it is what his lawyer will be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                            o_O uh Crashhelmet? They did try to lie about Pat Tillman. They were screaming it was enemy fire, before sheepishly confusing that yeah, it was friendly fire that killed him.
                            I don't know enough about that incident to comment. I did hear that it was friendly fire, with rumors that it wasn't accidental, but as I said I don't know enough about it.

However... You cannot compare the Tillman incident with the "attacks" on the USS Turner Joy and the USS Maddox. One is trying to cover up what happened to someone that became an icon in the war and the other was used as an excuse to bring us into war.

Comment

Yeah??? Well why won't the federal government indict Bin Laden????
                              Uh, they have to find him first. I have a feeling that bin Laden is either dead...or hiding in a cave like the little bitch he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X