The air force should hold a bake sale sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The air force should hold a bake sale sticker

Latest teacherzilla post prompted this as even if I had a CS account, it would be more fitting for fratching anyways.

The attitude of spending billions on defence (or world police as some think of it as) vs educating people, means that when you do need bodies to wear the armour and point the guns, you end up with the chance of having dumber and dumber Jar Heads.

It's too early to cry Idiocracy is real, but one day you are going to have someone teach the next generation basic maths and they might barely scraped through High school maths let alone go on to College and University.

Not everyone whos well educated wants to go into teaching, so those that know Algebra and Calculus (I wouldn't even begin to know what that is that's how bad my maths are) and use them for high end science degrees will probably never pass on that knowledge and instead use it in whatever high skilled job they are gunning for, or not if they end up flipping burgers.

I've met and worked with a lot of ex teachers over the years, most left due to the pupils attitudes as I don't think we do or did at the time, foist the stationary bill on the teacher, I know I would not buy anything of note out of my own pocket, I would be the one to say "unless you are below the poverty threshold, there is a Rymans buy an A4 refill pack with 2 holes in it and a pen."
    Unless parents are willing to buy me beer I would not spend my own money on someone else's kid.

Edit: looks like the original thread has been nuked or missing from the main CS forum?
    Last edited by Ginger Tea; 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM.
Working...
X