Do Grocery stores need an update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Grocery stores need an update?

In my mind there are low end grocery stores such as Walmart, Winco and the like where you can shop on a budget. Then there are places like Safeway Fred Meyer, etc that are mid end and you can shop but sometimes will need coupons to ensure you can still afford quality products. Then there are high end places like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and the like.

Today I saw someone call Safeway archaic and complained that one of the things in the bakery was made with canned fruit. Basically the kind of person that would be happier in a Whole foods, Trader Joe's and the like. However our city has no such places as most of the people living here work in factories, retail or like me work from home for offices in further off cities or the commuters who work in that city.

As such the people that could afford places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to do their day to day shopping are few and far between. How pretentious do you have to be to live here and complain that it's not like the more expensive parts of larger cities. Is it just me?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X