If you can does it mean you will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can does it mean you will?

So I finally have the means to buy a new computer for gaming. It's been awhile since I had a computer designed with gaming in mind. This means I have a lot of games I couldn't play. Now one thing I've been told many times over the years by other friends that game is "Get a desktop because then you can upgrade as things get more advanced".

Now last night I ordered myself a laptop. As of this morning I'm cleaning up my room/office and thinking "oh crap I should have gone with a desktop" but here's the thing I already have a desktop that isn't going anywhere because it's how I preform my job. So I would have to buy extra cords, a switch to share monitor, another keyboard/mouse etc. All because "Well then I can upgrade" but then I thought about it and realized I will never upgrade. Not because I don't know how in theory I do but just because I don't trust myself to not screw stuff up doing it.

Hardware is not my strong suit. I can pick up any piece of software and pretty quickly figure out how to work it but hardware there's a lot more googling involved and frankly I'm not sure I'd ever risk my systems on my skills.

So what are your thoughts would you buy the more cumbersome thing because you can make improvements to it that you likely never would or go with the more streamlined option that is harder to modify?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X