X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkullKing
    replied
    Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
    Muscle cars are basically cars that have a lot of horsepower.
    I know what a muscle car is.

what I do not understand is the stereotype of muscle cars on cinder blocks.

Is this really true?

why does it happen?

and so on.

Thanks for taking the time, though.

Leave a comment:

• bara
    replied
    Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I was referring to the run-down, held together with duct tape and bullshit trailer with the white trash family and their rusty old muscle car on cinderblocks, daddy in his belly shirt cursing out the N word people, while playing with his mullet and drinking Nattie Ice.

No no.. I assure you my neighbors do live in a house its just small. But hey, next time you drive by stop at my place and we can have coffee. Ill be the one cutting my grass while stopping every few feet to pick up the garbage that appears on my lawn.

Leave a comment:

• tropicsgoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
    Can someone explain this to me?

I am not american and have no experience with this.
    Muscle cars are basically cars that have a lot of horsepower.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Tea
    replied
    Although music is an audiable experience, marketing Lil Wayne clean shaven with a respectable hair cut and an armarni suit as if he worked on wall street just wouldn't work as well in his favour.

Leave a comment:

• Rapscallion
    replied
    Civilisation is like ethics, morals, enlightenment, and a whole host of other terms.

It boils down to 'what I agree with'.

Rapscallion

Leave a comment:

• SkullKing
    replied
    their rusty old muscle car on cinderblocks,
    Can someone explain this to me?

I am not american and have no experience with this.

Leave a comment:

• Racket_Man
    replied
    here in my town there is "trash" of all flavors.

1. there is the trash from the 2 major metro areas 2 - 3 hours south of me (pick any one of many flavors, sizes and whatever)
    2. there is the trash that comes in from the rural "out in the country"
    3. there is the poser trash
    3. there is the "I don't care" trash
    4. there is the .......

and on and on and on. and this is a fairly small upper mid-western town

Leave a comment:

• blas87
    replied
    Don't worry Admin, my parents lived in a trailer before I was born, I have had a lot of friends/family who have lived in trailers. Nowadays, you can get some trailers that are better than apartments.

I was referring to the run-down, held together with duct tape and bullshit trailer with the white trash family and their rusty old muscle car on cinderblocks, daddy in his belly shirt cursing out the N word people, while playing with his mullet and drinking Nattie Ice.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    what would bother me about this judgement is is a judgement based solely on appearances and images used for marketing a persona, that may or may not reflect the actual person.
    Can't forget the old story about a bunch of bikers descending on a small-town "mom and pop" store, with the owners being nervous about these scruffy people who were buying out their entire stock of sandwich fixings, soda, and beer. Once the bikers leave, the owners mention to a couple of clean-cut young men who were also in the store "We're glad those people are gone". The response of the clean-cut young men? "So are we" (pull guns) "now stick 'em up!"

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
    One of the members posted (quite accurately I feel,) that the answer was yes, it's still racist, because the term is racist even if you mean a certain subculture of black people. But he concluded with "They're both black people, but one is more civilized."

That bothered me. I don't like the idea of calling someone 'more civilized.' Civilized seems like it should be a fairly binary state. Either you are civilized, or you are not.
    what would bother me about this judgement is is a judgement based solely on appearances and images used for marketing a persona, that may or may not reflect the actual person.

Ted Bundy used his "clean cut appearance" to lure his victims into a false sense of security, the BTK killer had a "normal" home life, and family, John Wayne Gacy was an entertainer for children, these are some of the most "uncivilized" people I can think of.

Leave a comment:

• protege
    replied
    Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
    Is this 'uncivilised'??
    Yeppers. I work in a neighborhood *exactly* like that. It's pretty common to find litter all over the sidewalk in front of the office, along with dog shit or puke. The class of people that live there...is pretty low. Yet, they get upset when someone calls them out on it...or dares litter in that area. Sorry, but if you don't care about living in filth, why should I bother to put my candy wrapper in a trash can? I don't throw litter around, but there's a *reason* people (who don't live there) make fun of that neighborhood, and refer it as a "shithole."

Leave a comment:

• Slytovhand
    replied
    I live in a country that has *cough*5000 years of culture and history*cough*.

Yet, daily people spit, shit, piss and throw their rubbish all over the place. Yes, I do mean that literally! Kids are taught to piss and shit on the sidewalk by their parents.

Some concepts, such as forward thinking, or even analytical thinking, are just too strange for many.

The concept of taking responsibility for your actions (you know - like 'study') is foreign (well, in university it is - I've been told the hard thing is just to get in - then you pass!)

Is this 'uncivilised'??

Leave a comment:

• protege
    replied
    White trash should insult and hurt some people's feelings, but I think for a lot of people, it makes them proud. Like Eminem and Kid Rock.
    Yep, that's *exactly* it. They're so fucking stupid, that they see being a redneck as one of their life accomplishments. Well that, and finally being able to afford a set of Yosemite Sam mudflaps for their 1978 Ford pickup...which hasn't *moved* since 1978 With these folks, no amount of calling them "white trash" will get them upset, nor will it persuade them to upgrade their lifestyle. They're proud of living in filth, or participating in various other redneck activities, that they'll never change. It's an endless cycle--the offspring will perpetuate it, simply because they're too stupid to know any better.

Leave a comment:

• dragon_wings
    replied
    Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    It's anti-intellectualism taken to the absurd.
    Ugh. One of my regular customers is a minister and I once brought up something that got us talking (I don't believe in his faith and didn't want to straight up say it). I then told him that I imagined we could have a very interesting intelligent discussion with him and he processed to say he was "anti-intellectual." Why? I have no words to describe my bafflement at this.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Heck, one of the most damaging things about the US political process is that you have people voting who are not just fucking stupid, but PROUD of being fucking stupid. >.>
    Oh, gods, I despise these people.

My ex used to know a girl who acted so stupid that my mom actually asked her point blank, "are you really that stupid or is it just an act?" to which she replied, "Oh, no, I'm just stupid," as if it were something to be admired. >_<

It's anti-intellectualism taken to the absurd. Rove and his cronies sold this ticket hard because it's easier to fool stupid people into doing things against their own best interests.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X