Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Care Law already crimping job-based insurances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FArchivist
    replied
    *shrugs* The insurance costs at my company are undergoing no change whatsoever.

However, our insurance plans are already far above what the new law requires, so I didn't expect it to increase anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ipecac Drano
    replied
    I was at my insurance agent's office the other day, when I had sneezed. My rate went up 30%.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    It's the insurance companies, almost assuredly.

In the last few decades, they've raised their rates far in excess of any actual increase in their own costs. At one point, merely to cover losses from investments in the stock market.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• radiocerk
    replied
    Agreeing that it's the insurance companies. So far there have been just enough changes that insurance companies can whine and claim rising costs, but the changes that would increase competition haven't taken effect yet. So, they're soaking us for all they can, while they still can.

Leave a comment:

• Ipecac Drano
    replied
    Originally posted by Imprl59 View Post
    My own insurance just went up 40% and the accompanying letter from the insurance company said the increase was due to changes mandated by the new health care laws.

Part of me wonders if this is just a ploy by the insurance company and the other part is a little pissed at the government for screwing with the insurance i could barely afford as it was.
    It's the insurance company. The government isn't going to change rates or any of that once the healthcare system is overturned; they're just going to give you the option to bypass insurance companies.

Leave a comment:

• Imprl59
    replied
    My own insurance just went up 40% and the accompanying letter from the insurance company said the increase was due to changes mandated by the new health care laws.

Part of me wonders if this is just a ploy by the insurance company and the other part is a little pissed at the government for screwing with the insurance i could barely afford as it was.

Leave a comment:

• Health Care Law already crimping job-based insurances?

Leading Manufacturing Co - which will remain anonymous 'cos it's not named in article - has told workers their costs will jump because of the law

Other companies are saying they will either up their employees' costs towards insurance offered through the company or will be dropping insurance coverage completely.
Working...
X