X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gremcint
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainJaneway View Post
    Do tell me they are cancelling young justice and green lantern. Please say it aint so.

I love those shows and they are really getting good.
    Not only are they cancelling GL but they are doing it after revealing something that made my jaw drop. I will link the picture I posted on tumblr from the most recent episode to show what I'm talking about.

http://gmcintyre.tumblr.com/image/44468119687

Basically they just outright said that season two would have been Darkest Night.

Leave a comment:

• Jetfire
    replied
    Because they aren't a gateway to Nu52 comics. DC (or rather Warner Brothers) seems to view Comics as "Drawings on paper that let us test run ideas for new movies and TV shows"), and from what I understand Dini-verse wasn't quite in line with the current Nu52 offerings. (Possibly due to having normal female characters that girls and women seemed to like, as opposed to the ones the Editors in the comics have been promoting). So instead of having a disconnect, and/or keeping them going as a gateway into comics, they had to be chopped.

Frankly, I'm surprised Timmverse is still going as strong as it is, with the Beyond setting, but I guess it's still appealing to boys so it's still good.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    Was Dini involved in this one?

Why on earth would they want to oust the Diniverse when it is pretty much universally beloved and serves as a gateway for the comics?

Leave a comment:

• bunnyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by lordlundar View Post

Not only are they getting cancelled, to make matters worse Annoying Orange is getting another season.
    Blame DC for that one. Why they want to oust the Diniverse, I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• TheHuckster
    replied
    Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
    Not only are they getting cancelled, to make matters worse Annoying Orange is getting another season.
    On the subject of web originals, is that god-awful FRED show still on? I know they had a few movie deals and a show on Nickelodeon. I want to know when that show is getting off the air in order to plan my future kids appropriately. I know they'll appreciate my thoughtfulness of bringing them up in a post-FRED world.

Leave a comment:

• lordlundar
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainJaneway View Post
    Do tell me they are cancelling young justice and green lantern. Please say it aint so.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Originally posted by jedimaster91 View Post
    YES! ARROW GOT RENEWED!!!
    Honestly, I would have been shocked if Arrow had been canned. It's one of the better new shows out there, and the TVLine article marked it as a sure thing prior to the official renewal announcement.

And I continue to be impressed with the skill shown by their fight choreographer.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    YES! ARROW GOT RENEWED!!!

The way superhero shows are being treated these days, I was a bit worried. Now to see how long before it goes the way of all CW shows and devolves into a who's sleeping with who soap opera.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Here's an article on TVLine from January that includes information on shows that have been given the axe (or officially renewed) by ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW, and speculation on the rest.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• CaptainJaneway
    replied

Leave a comment:

• daleduke17
    replied
    Originally posted by Seifer View Post
    Why is According to Jim still on television despite being one of the worst "comedies" of our generation? Why do people watch anything created by Tyler Perry?
    According to Jim is still on? Wow... thought it got cancelled like three years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Seifer
    replied
    Why is According to Jim still on television despite being one of the worst "comedies" of our generation? Why do people watch anything created by Tyler Perry?

Anything "safe" that's marketable to as wide an audience as possible stays. Anything that's even slightly edgy that doesn't immediately connect with the general public is tossed aside. I'm truly shocked The Walking Dead has managed to go as far as it has, simply because people like to bitch and moan so much about violence on television. The fact that the reception is overwhelmingly positive is the only thing saving that show from being censored into oblivion.

Leave a comment:

• Nekojin
    replied
    It doesn't help that a show like Jersey Shore costs pennies to produce compared to the cost for something like Young Justice. In a just world, that would be reversed. =>_<=

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    Sadly, kids shows exist to sell toys. And the YJ toy line isn't selling. Partly because they're not advertising it (at least not that I've seen), partly because YJ really isn't a kids show. It needs to be on something like adult swim that caters to a slightly older audience. Also sadly, the execs would rather ax a show with good ratings and get something unknown in the same slot that might make them more money. It's a shame, really. Society as a whole doesn't appreciate good, well-written shows while they flock to dreck like Jersey Shore.

The moving times/days and CN's inability to actually keep the show on the air for more the 2 or 3 weeks at a time didn't help either. The move to the 9ish am time slot was probably its death knell. Like I said, it's not really a kids show, and they put it smack in kid show central.
    Last edited by jedimaster91; 02-03-2013, 01:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Duelist925
    replied
    Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Dang. Here I was enjoying Green Lantern, except the spider episode.

Am I imagining things, or does CN like canceling shows regardless of whether they're watched or not?
    A friend of mine put it this way.

In the CN head office there is a massive dartboard with a different section for each show currently on air

The shows with the higher ratings have larger sections, in correlation with how popular that are

Every month, the president throws a handful of darts at the board

The section with the most darts get cancelled

And then they sacrifice and intern to the Dart God

Leave a comment:

Working...
X