X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
    But if everyone gets welcomed, then how will those speshul snoflaques prove that they are the speshul snoflaques that they know they are?
    Yeah, that's special snowflake syndrom at it's very worst. When they want to be so special everyone else be damned (literally!).

Leave a comment:

• ExRetailDrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Then you got those who look down on the "Mr Rogers god" who welcomes everyone to the neighborhood. To which I say, what's wrong with the Mr Rogers god? Is it because he's not a bigoted prick like them?
    But if everyone gets welcomed, then how will those speshul snoflaques prove that they are the speshul snoflaques that they know they are?

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    RK, that section of Matthew is my favorite Bible passage. Unfortunately, I guess it has been edited out of the newer Bibles or something, since so few Christians follow it.

Leave a comment:

• RecoveringKinkoid
    replied
    Matthew 6:5

"And whenever you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they will be seen by people. I tell you with certainty, they have their full reward!"

The sad bit? That's not an obscure verse.

Leave a comment:

• smileyeagle1021
    replied
    Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Sadly enough, I've actually debated with people like that (on other sites). They outright said that they can't accept the idea that their religion works for them and other religions work for others. Nope their religion is the only truth and others are false and hellbound.
    And most of them probably threatened to boycott advertisers on Farscape when Zan said "there are many paths and many destinations in life" when asked about what was the true religion.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Salted Grump View Post
    /sarcasm But that would mean *Shock! Horror!* Compromising with the enemy! They shouldn't be allowed to Breathe our air that God gave us, much less have opinions that do not venerate our God! /sarcasm
    Sadly enough, I've actually debated with people like that (on other sites). They outright said that they can't accept the idea that their religion works for them and other religions work for others. Nope their religion is the only truth and others are false and hellbound.

Then you got those who look down on the "Mr Rogers god" who welcomes everyone to the neighborhood. To which I say, what's wrong with the Mr Rogers god? Is it because he's not a bigoted prick like them?

Leave a comment:

• insertNameHere
    replied
    Huh, death threats, I thought there were Christians now, I'm not really religious but I know enough to know that wasn't one of their things "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" ... guess that must be some other sense-able religion

end sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• Salted Grump
    replied
    Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    What baffles me is that they could just turn it into a moment of reflection or some such and all of those who want to pray could do so, while all of those not so inclined could just, well, reflect, and everybody would be happy.

^-.-^
    /sarcasm But that would mean *Shock! Horror!* Compromising with the enemy! They shouldn't be allowed to Breathe our air that God gave us, much less have opinions that do not venerate our God! /sarcasm

If I knew how they could honestly call themselves 'good <insert religion here>' while violating somewhere between 40 and 95% of the book they claim to follow, I'd be either completely stir crazy, or able to cause peace to break out between the major religious ideologies.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    These people aren't Christians - They're Churchians. I despise people like this.

What baffles me is that they could just turn it into a moment of reflection or some such and all of those who want to pray could do so, while all of those not so inclined could just, well, reflect, and everybody would be happy.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• derangedperson
    replied
    When it comes to God, I'm a big fan, but not of the fanclub.

This is why.

These assholes are the most closed-minded, hypocritical, judgmental bunch of pricks I've ever seen. I guess "turn the other cheek" and "love thy neighbor" and especially "judge not lest ye be judged" were just lip service to these folks.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    And according to some, they're also liberals, communists, muslims, and the devil.

Leave a comment:

• smileyeagle1021
    replied
    Rageaholic, you forgot to mention in your breakdown that apparently because he's atheist he's also homosexual.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Sadly, kicking the kid out of the house doesn't surprise me. I've known many extreme Christians who would have reacted the same way. For those people, it's all about rules and traditions all at the expense of the emotional well being of others. These people make me absolutely sick.

Oh and if you want a good example of "Macho conservative asshole", check out this comment.

Damn little kids like this piss me right off.. He cant even deal with saying a 10 second prayer in the morning… lol I cant wait to see how he reacts to real problems in life. This kid is what I would like to call a “cracker ass” its kids like this that complain about everything all the time. Its really sad that people give in when all he probably needs is a good ass whooppin . PARENTS WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PUNISHING YOUR CHILDREN FOR BEING STUPID PRICKS?! This type of kid is the soul reason america has no hope in the future. We cant get over a school prayer when world population is reaching is max.. the governments all around the world become more corrupt, and america has lost almost all of its economic power. Lets compair… this little fag cant even say a 10 second prayer that is more about just bringin the student body together in a positive mind set than trying to conform these children into believing in god. So this is more of a positive than a negative. ANd this kid opposes it because it offends him??? he really cant just sit there and not say anything?> he has to bitch and moan until the rest of the students were like really guy school is bad enough now we have to hear this fuck complain about this stupid shit?? this kid needs a beating in my opinion// he needs to learn that reality isnt pretty and there are alot of things in this world that he isnt going to like.. and cant do anything about. technical definition for these type of kids __cracker asses— these kids and people like this make america look bad, the rest of the world laughs at little bitches like this… and in third world countries these type of people dont make it to 25… darwinism… this kids at the bottom either way lmao
    To break it down.

-The kid needs an "ass whoppin".
    -He's the reason why America is going to hell.
    -All the kids of today do is complain. (he calls them "cracker asses")
    -Reality is tough and uncompassionate so we should all be the same.

What an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    The Sunday before graduation we had a Baccalaureate service. It was basically a sermon, and it was optional. However, there was a lot of peer pressure to go. The only people who didn't go where the one outspoken atheist and the two pregnant girls. The gym it was held in wasn't air conditioned and one of them passed out during graduation practice, so it was suggested that they stay home. To my memory there was no prayer during the actual graduation ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• Nyoibo
    replied
    I am constantly reminded of what Gandhi said once "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X