X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
    Original Sin is disobedience. Religion wants you to be obedient to their dictates, large and small. So it makes sense for them to paint disobedience as the Big #1, that you're guilty of before you're even aware enough to make decisions.

Obey. Conform. Respect authority. And never, ever question what we tell you.
    That's why I think it's such an evil and repulsive concept. Any arguements for it just sound like excuses to justify an authoritarian concept. It's funny, the same religion that talks about the wonders of free will want to squash it by claiming everything we do is evil. That is unless you're Calvnist and believe we're all just puppets, but that's for a different thread.

Leave a comment:

• bunnyboy
    replied
    The odd thing is, Original Sin is one of the gray ares of being biblically sound.

First it has a basis in the bible.

However it should have flown out the window with the sins of the fathers not being put on their sons later on.

It's one of those weird wiggly theology questions that laymen just aren't quite understanding of.

Leave a comment:

• Nekojin
    replied
    Original Sin is disobedience. Religion wants you to be obedient to their dictates, large and small. So it makes sense for them to paint disobedience as the Big #1, that you're guilty of before you're even aware enough to make decisions.

Obey. Conform. Respect authority. And never, ever question what we tell you.

Leave a comment:

• gremcint
    replied
    You know what it's the same bullshit that I should feel guilty for what my ancestors did. I am me, I am not my father or my grandfather or any of my ancestors I make my own choices and deserve to be judged by my own actions.

Further I thought Jesus died for our sins.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    started a topic Original Sin Can Go To Hell

Original Sin Can Go To Hell

As I said in another thread, I think religious people would be the most accepting and kind people if it weren't for this doctrine. We were all created by God so things that come natural to people (like "lust" and "pride") wouldn't be seen as evil and sinful. There should be no need to worry if something offends God because If God didn't want people to be a certain way, he wouldn't make them that way. Instead of worrying about what God thinks, we should be trusting in what is good for each other.

The response is always the same, original sin: Adam (or was it Eve?) ate from the wrong tree and the race is fallen. Instead of being accepted for our faults, we deserve condemnation and need to be "saved" to or face eternal damnation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fuck. That. Shit. I've heard all the apologetic, pseudo philosophical arguements to defend this concept, but it all enrages me. I hate that people are willing to defend such an oppressive concept that condemns people for being who they are. Especially since there is no other reason to believe that God would have a problem with us (especially since he doesn't say anything).

Sorry for the rant, but this is something that really pisses me off!!!
Working...
X