Doorman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doorman!

I guess this is a rant of sorts. One that I feel bad about in some ways.

There is a guy who comes in our store who is retarded. (No, I don't know what the current PC term is.) He is an adult but doesn't have the mentality of an adult.
    When I worked at BBV this guy would come in- butt in line, yell, throw things, throw fits, get angry if he had to wait 2 seconds or his turn AT ALL, scared customers, etc. Eventually we had to tell his guardian that either she was going to have to come in with him and keep him in control or they were going to have to find somewhere else to shop. (Imagine a kicking, screaming 2 year old's temper tantrum from a guy who is 6' 4" and weighs 250+ pounds).

Anyway, now he comes in my new store. Sometimes it's okay...

Tonight they were in together (him and his guardian). I got irritated with both of them- they were arguing with eachother, talking over eachother, talking over me, demanding things, not giving me a chance to even look up items in the computer. At one point the guardian says, "I'm supposed to be responsible for him but I just don't feel like it- you make him carry his game."

Then I didn't even get done putting the receipt in the case before he literally ripped it from my hands.

I wanted to choke them both. I really did. Especially her- no wonder he acts the way he does!

Then right after that a woman came in with her retarded son who stood at the door (right next to the register) yelling, "DOORMAN! I'M THE DOORMAN!" he'd lock and unlock the door and he was opening the door for people coming in and out while yelling, "DOORMAN! DOORMAN! DOORMAN!"

In the end DOORMAN!'s mother decided not to buy anything- turns out she was just killing time.

I was ready to climb the walls while screaming by this point. I felt guilty that I was ready to do this- but by golly- I just felt that way.

I know it isn't their fault- it isn't anyone's fault.

I really just needed a rant.
    "Yes, well, I've always found your ignorance quite amusing."
    Lara Croft- Tomb Raider
Working...
X