Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who have no respect for your time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who have no respect for your time.

I was going to rant differently, but then I realized what my rant was really about. The latest was today. The business partner I work with honestly is starting to make me want out because of this crap. Today was the most recent he showed today saying some permits needed to be renewed and I needed to get them done today because they're already 10 days late. So needless to say I get all the running around done only to find out the town offices are closed. Now I got to do it all again on monday. YAY
    Last week we were having trouble with our credit card machines right before I was to leave. So I called the other store he answered and I asked if they were having problems, because sometimes the network does. So he says no. So I hang up with him and spend the next two hours trying to fix the problem. only to find out that as he was hanging up the phone with me the other store's manager said yeah we're having problems, and he never called me back so I spent two hours trying to fix something I couldn't fix.
    But the big kicker was a couple of months ago he came to me with a project that was going to be done on the side. Actually there was two. One was to create a touch screen system that would have a database of wines that could help people picks wines that they might like. Like say if you were having chicken it would say which ones went well with chicken, what their rating was, etc. The other was a data extractor which would have taken information out of one system and put it into another thing for use for daily accounting. Needless to say the data extractor was more complicated so I worked on the database. So I gave him a price he verbally agreed and I started work on it. I started working on the script, created graphics, and gave him updates along the way, and right after the 50% mark 40 hours of work (6 weeks) he pretty much canceled the project because "he doesn't have the funding right now" So needless to say I'm SOL of 40 hours. Yet if he has to do 30 minutes of work he bitches up a storm. Although the fact that he gave up on that one might work for me because there was no agreement, I didn't get paid, and seeing the scripting is 90% done I just might finish it and sell it to maybe the competition
Working...
X