"I'm SO Special!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm SO Special!"

I can't really quote anyone on it, and this is mostly work related, but I felt it could drift off into friends, family members, anyone really...

I work with so many people that really are more like little bus special, but think they are just the most special of specialty....perhaps it's more of a large ego or arrogance, but it really annoys me.

You've been here for years and are one of the most experienced operators. Good on you. People respect your knowledge and depend on you for help. Great. But really, this place will NOT blow up or shut down, nor will production come to a halt if you quit, let alone take a day off. We do just fine without you. You are so little bus special that you have taught your tricks and knowledge to everyone who has been hired on.....so even if we may not be as great as you are TODAY, we do manage without you just fine. If you were really special, you'd keep some of these secrets to yourself, if you really were planning on screwing us.

You're the fastest operator at what you do. Good on you. But you aren't freaking special like you think you are. You are special because you are effing crazy. Everyone makes fun of you for running around like a decapitated chicken in a barnyard, the fact that you smoke like a crazed pothead who hasn't had a hit in months, the fact that you're always twitching and running in circles when you aren't busy, the fact that you don't sit down. That's nothing to be proud of that you skip your breaks or only take 3 minutes to power smoke and then come right back. Everyone thinks you are little bus special because you are insane. Take your damn breaks and calm the hell down. It's not a contest on who is the fastest.
Working...
X