Hanging up May be Rude...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging up May be Rude...

I discovered the cheapest and fastest way to get rid of your most annoying friends. It's especially effective if they no longer live near you.

Had this guy who used to be a friend call me up recently. I say used to because he would offer me rides when we worked together and he appreciated my knowledge and love of music from before 1995.

But he would do little things to irritate me all the same.

Apparently he was in the Navy in the '70's. So why would Ex-Navy panic at the site of frostbite on my hand, grabbing said hand and yelling loudly enough for the residents of Nunavut to hear "OH my god NateSean, what happened to your hand!?" As if I had just lost it to a anti-tank mine.

I got him a job at Rank Aid when we were doing the inventory truck overnight and he slowly went from being somemone I respected and considered a friend to being someone who grated my nerves.

The medicine aisle and the First aid aisles in my store were two seperate aisles. Nevertheless, items from both aisles would get mixed in with the totes, so we'd have to seperate them while we were stocking the shelves and bring the totes to the appropriate aisle.

He would bring tote after tote of items from the first aid aisle to mine, not even bothering to see where those items belonged.

On the other hand, I brought three totes over to his aisle one night. All things that definitely belonged in his aisle and he would piss and moan about it.

"Oh, NateSean, come on."
    "You obviously hate me tonight, NateSean."

Finally I quit about six months later and he was still with Rank Aid, working days since they moved the inventory truck back to mornings. He called me once while I was working at the Mart of K and he asked me if I'd be interested in trying rent an apartment with him.

Hell no. But I politely told him I'd keep an eye out for stuff.

Fastforward about a year and here I am in Salem, Mass. He calls me up to tell me he quit Rank Aid in that same, "Pity me, I'm an idiot" voice.

I hang up on him. He calls me again, I hang up on him again.

He got the hint.

In closing: Hanging up on idiots may be rude. But it's cheaper than wasting your minutes telling them to fuck off and it gets the point across.
    The Internet Is One Big Glass House
Working...
X