Bike Vandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Vandals

Living in a cyclist city, you do find more vandalised bikes chained to railings, mostly kicked in front and or rear tyres, the odd bike with a wheel missing, but this might have been removed by the owner at the time of locking it up and not stolen.

So you probably guessed that my bike got its wheel kicked in.
    What makes it worse is that it was at a cycle rack within a gated off festival here in town (Cambridge Folk Festival) and within sight of the stewards manning the gate, I was going to ask the one person active this morning (gate is locked so its only for car pickup/drop off but she got called away before I could ask if anyone saw any thing.

I don't recall locking it to the bike next to it and if I did then how did the bike escape as mine was still locked up, so was this someone leaving the event drunk and standing on my bike by accident, a passer by popping in to fuck with us festival goers or a fellow perhaps one day only patron who enjoys this kinda thing.

I'll never know, its just annoying that the last time I had to replace a wheel (well both cos they were on the way out with) it cost me £25 each (£50 on a bike I paid £120 for) and the bike I got new in April after my other one really went to town on the expencive repairs route and had been fine without a single flat till last week and now this.

I hope I've still got the old wheel I bought saves me on the finances.

On a different note, when setting up my tent I found my bag of tent pegs had vanished since I last packed it leaving the previous years, it was fun setting that up with nothing holding it down.
Working...
X