Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Than That

*This is a work related rant on my end, but can apply to other subjects*

Over the weekend, our shift lead subbed for their lead, and obviously, the two of them are very different. My lead prefers to cover every single base and while she does utilize people with more experience or more training in proper places, she also will find everyone something to do, no matter what it may be. And that's good.

But, that left a sour taste in a few people's mouths. Apparently, on their shift, they've been considered "too good" to do the less demanding or less physical or less vital jobs (I guess that was a poor choice of wording but I am lost right now as to what word to use......every job IS vital, but I am generally speaking of jobs that aren't as likely to come back and bite you if you make a mistake or aren't as higher up on the skill level as others).

I got a text from a coworker on that shift bitching that she and another coworker were assigned one of the more easy tasks. "That's bullshit. The two most experienced people on this shift getting put there!"

I faked sympathy, but it really kind of upset me. While we do have the Bizzaro Workplace I have ranted about on CS before (typical idiots get higher praise than good workers), my shift tends to go very well no matter who goes where, because everyone is given a chance to try something, even if they never officially learn it for good. There are people who are semi-permanently tied to certain tasks (like me for instance, it's a long story and it just upsets me too much), but my lead has no problem moving people around to ease the boredom and long shifts.

I don't think anyone is "better" than anyone. We all work at the same place, no one gets paid way better than anyone else, no one has a special parking spot or a special title (other than trainers and leads) and no one is above anyone as far as we human beings go. While there are people who have seniority and much more experience than others, and yes, there are lazy and worthless people, still, thinking of ones self as "Better" than others is just downright rude and immature.

I guess it's a difference in shifts, but I'm hoping things change for them so they all get a dose of reality. It burns my ass to hear people thinking that way, and then realizing that the way they have been treated has gone to their head and made them think that way. Not everyone just thinks they are perfect on their own (for instance, Brown Noser), most people will get too many compliments or will be grown dependent on, so they get this attitude that they are more valuable than others. I HATE that.
Working...
X