my gripe for the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gripe for the day

*Just for the record......despite some of my rants on here and CS, Heather isn't a particularly "bad" teen....this has more to do with my mom*

I wasn't aware of this during the years I was in my apartment, but apparently my mom was/has been a bit more lenient with Heather than she was with my siblings and I, and tends to "give in" MUCH more than she did with us. (one example being that it was rare for us to be allowed to stay home from school when we were sick, but she doesn't put up a fuss whenever this comes up with Heather)

Anyhow, while I wouldn't say that Heather is spoiled or thinks she should have everything her own way, it HAS gotten to where my mom seems unable to understand why she has trouble getting Heather to do something she doesn't want to do. (and if I say anything about to my mom about it, she gets mad/doesn't want to hear it, and starts fussing at me)

As for what brought this up - some of the family is planning a trip to northern Arizona this weekend, Heather doesn't really enjoy these trips, and doesn't want to go. And my mom refuses to consider the idea of her staying with a friend or bringing a friend along........I'm not sure sure how forcing someone into something is supposed to "help".
    Last edited by KellyHabersham; 09-13-2011, 07:52 PM.
Working...
X