You didn't like it? *gasp* I am so offended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't like it? *gasp* I am so offended

That's what I hate people that get offended when you don't like something. Today I posted on my Facebook page that I was disappointed when a game I rented turned out to be a side scroller arcade style game.

I used to love going to the arcade because it was the arcade but playing games at home was never quite as fun cuz it was just you sitting there.

Then gaming became 3D and got to be more about the story along with the graphics and became these epic tales of coolness.

If a game is a racing game it's labeled as such, RPG it's labeled as such, so on and so forth. This game was not labeled as an Arcade game and was in fact presented as being mostly about this epic sounding story.

Turns out mostly you get bits of the story while you go along and beat the random guys you can't avoid at 5 points each. I think part of the problem is that I just played the particular superhero in a game licensed by another company that was more the kind of game we are capable of making.

So anyway that was the situation as I explained it and I got a very offended response of , "Well maybe some people like side scrollers"

It's not just that either anytime I like a different way of having something, "Oh I love that I can buy my books digitally, " "Well I never you know some people like a good physical book they can hold" and then walk away as if I just called them a c word or something.

I totally understand not agreeing with me but getting offended because I have different tastes seems a bit much. Isnt' it?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X