Self-Promotion on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Promotion on Facebook

A lot of my friends are artists. It's an occupational hazard, but generally pretty cool. Except for Facebook. Understand that these are dear friends, so 'un-friending' them or hiding their status updates isn't really an option.

There's one offender in general, let's call her A. She's helping a friend of hers, B, who is a NYC-based singer/songwriter. A is serving as a manager of sorts, and has also written some of A's new songs. B is trying to record her first album, and so A and B have turned to IndieGoGo. A sends out a reminder for all of us to donate. Every. Damn. Day. Okay, first of all, I'm poor. We've had to scrape money together just to go home for Thanksgiving. Christmas isn't happening. If you think I'm helping out a friend of a friend before I go see my nephew for Christmas, you're crazy.

Also...frankly....I don't like B's style of music. It's a bit like Sara Bareilles mixed with a country twang, but minus Sara's adorkable qualities that make her music so fun. It's not that it's bad...just not for me. And the daily updates are just driving me a bit batty. Especially when that's combined with another friend's theatre company being in the running for a Chase community giving grant and another person trying to get their art gallery up and running and, oh yeah, don't forget Third Thursday downtown!

Ugh. No. Stoppit. I don't have any money or time to support your endeavors and I'm not 'liking' anything else on Facebook!
Working...
X