"You're Being Stupid!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're Being Stupid!"

Forgive me, I thought I worked in a place where only adults worked, not toddlers and children.

It befuddles me how people have made it into adulthood, and cannot handle being told something they don't want to hear.

And I'm not talking about hearing "Your mom died" or "You're fired". I'm talking about hearing something someone has to say or a question directed to you that you don't want to hear, so you just either a) start the defensive retorting, or b) get all quiet for hours and then later tell me that I'm being "stupid" for asking you that.

I didn't ask for your age or your pants size. All I did was ask why you flaked out on your family when you'd been talking about spending the day with them all week and you were going to take a day off afterwards so you could spend more time with them. It's a simple question, really. And if you had something personal come up or don't feel comfortable answering, you can just say "I can't answer that" or "Something came up" would have been appropriate.

But no. You had a quiet little tantrum, and then reamed me a new one for being "Stupid like everyone else here!" (here, being work) asking you questions like that. Like, how DARE I question why you do what you do. Don't I understand that your mind is so complex and you're so freaking backwards, sensitive, and immature that there's no way anyone can understand you? Oh wait, that's my silent answer to you. If only I had a hairy pair of balls and could have said it to you.

God forbid someone disagrees with you or doesn't "understand" why you'd do stuff like that. I never gave you crap for it, I just asked you a question. I asked you why you were still taking a day off when you cancelled your plans with your family. You got all upset about that too. Yet, at the same time, you have no problem bringing up "mean" things you have heard me do to my friends and family, oftentimes far in the past.
Working...
X