Impossible tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible tasks

I hate being given an impossible task. You know, the kind where the two things don't work together. Many of them are "hurry up" kinds of things.

Like sweeping a floor. I can get more anxiety from sweeping a floor than most people do from a car wreck. Because there's always some idiot breathing down my neck wondering why I'm not doing it faster.

Now, I don't know what planet this person might be from, but on my planet we have an atmospere, and moving a broom around at high speeds accomplishes little more than creating a nice breeze for the dust and dirt to fly around in. So I'm at a loss, because I know there are two choices - I can do it fast, or do it right. But I cannot do them both at the same time.

Once when I worked for a c-store, my boss told me that for security reasons, we have to have 2 people on the clock at all times. Being a 24/7 store, that amounts to quite a lot of hours. That's something like 330 hours. Ok. Then I get told that my weekly budget has been cut down to 300 hours. So once again...I can either have 2 people on the clock at all times, or I can limit our store to 300 hours of work per week. But I cannot do both....

I wish I had some of the drugs these people are on. What makes people think they can bend the laws of time and space like this? What makes people think they can remove a product from their store and then wonder why they're not selling that product anymore?
Working...
X