Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blas87
    replied
    Some of them are so predictable, you'll know who or what they are referring to.

Others, like my brother's baby mama (as I said before), always hinting that she's pregnant again or getting married to her boyfriend when it's actually something like getting a new pet or going on a trip......she'll post vague, cryptic-like statuses. And for some reason, people are still dumb enough to get excited and/or ask her if that's what's up. When....or IF, she ever answers....which is never in a timely manner, she acts as though everyone was so dumb to assume that's what it was about, when she knowingly did it that way to get attention.

Sorry, extra salty lately. Dumb bitch is hiding pictures of my neice again from my family.

Leave a comment:

• HYHYBT
    replied
    VagueBookers? Great name for them. I've got a couple of those... but their remarks usually turn out to be mostly venting where *some* of their friends DO know exactly what they're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• blas87
    replied
    I still think it's so childish and no one needs to make a public statement that they are deleting friends.

Do you need a drink or someone to come over, would that help??

And then there's the VagueBookers like my brother's baby mama who purposely makes cryptic vague posts just to get people all curious, and then *if* she ever responds, it's a day or more later and it's very to the point, like everyone was stupid for being curious.

Leave a comment:

• Eisa
    replied
    Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    I do appreciate the idea behind letting people know "If I unfriend you in the next day or so and we actually talk, it was an accident, please send a new request" except, of course, that the people it happens to won't see the notice.
    At least the people I've seen do that in recent times had that notice set to "public."

Leave a comment:

• KellyHabersham
    replied
    Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    I do appreciate the idea behind letting people know "If I unfriend you in the next day or so and we actually talk, it was an accident, please send a new request" except, of course, that the people it happens to won't see the notice.
    Agreed......happened to me with one of the guys whom I played Facebook games with. Odd thing was, he was one of the more active players on my friends list, and we did talk about things outside of the said game, but I never did find out the reason he unfriended me.

Leave a comment:

• HYHYBT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Johnson
    replied
    I hate that to it's like 'like' my status or comment because I need my attention fix,If you're going to delete some friends off your list then do it don't brag about it I mean why must you tell everyone 'Time to clean out my friends list like if you want to remain' it's so childish,It's like a guilt trip making you feel you must like all of their posts and statuses,Maybe people are not on facebook 24/7 like some or maybe people just keep scrolling not stopping to read or maybe they actually don't like you and find you annoying! But if it makes them feel better by threatening people with deletion then so be it,I,ve seen plenty 'cleaning out my friends list' but two weeks later they've still the same number of friends and people or new people on their list lol

Leave a comment:

• Jetfire
    replied
    For me, FB is basically just a bulletin board. I toss up and share things I find interesting/funny, and that's about it. Sometimes I might comment on something a friend has posted as well, but I make a point of ignoring the Drama Llama posts (Most of my friends don't do those thankfully). I also don't respond to the "Cleaning my FB Friends list" posts either. If they want to remove me, so be it.

Considering half my list comes from gaming and online communities, often times I don't have a clue who Joe Blow is, because I only know them as Ichabob the Tormentor in an MMO or an MMO board.

Leave a comment:

• siead_lietrathua
    replied
    i admit, i've done the detail-hide sadness posts before. granted, less OMG THE WORLD IS OVER and more like "shitty day, can't really talk about it, but can i get some e-hugs?" stuff. partially because work had us sign one of those pesky agreements about not talking smack about them online (hence my lack of posting on CS), and partially because poly relationship issues are both hard to explain, and super hard to explain when you're temporarily in the closet. sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    The "secret hysterics" (as I like to call it) are just as annoying irl imo. I've dealt with people who scream bloody murder and act the world is going to end... only to reveal that it far from the life and death situation they had everyone believing it was.

Dumbasses.

Leave a comment:

• Ree
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthernZel View Post

Status OP: "AAAARGH! I'm so mad! Why have they done this to me?!!"
    Friend comment: "Oh dear, what happened? You need some help?"
    OP comment: "I don't wanna talk about it..."
    OMG, I hate that!
    I have a cousin who posted for months about his little girl being in the Children's Hospital. When he first posted, he said that she was getting some kind of transfusion and would be there 14 days.

Because I had only seen her a few days before at a family wedding, I was shocked that she was suddenly so ill.
    So were a lot of people, because everybody was asking what was wrong and he never answered.

Then over the course of the past year, he has repeatedly posted about his little girl being in so much pain, and his feeling so helpless, or her being admitted again and undergoing more treatment.

Every time, someone will ask what's wrong, and he never answers.

I asked several family members if they knew what was going on, and they were as in the dark as I was.
    I am still not sure what's wrong for sure, but I was finally told a month ago or so by a family friend that they had been told she had Crohn's disease.

One day, after yet another cryptic pots that was going unanswered, I posted a rant on my page about people who make those kinds of posts and then don't answer when people ask questions.

I don't know if he realized it was partly directed at him or not, but he "Liked" my status.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernZel
    replied
    I once got one of these "like this or I'll unfriend you" updates in my feed. I simply replied: "Go ahead and delete me. If you think our relationship only is for hoarding up some imaginary points you can't use anyway, then our relationship is nothing worth at all. "

Strangely enough I'm still on this dude's friend list

And on the other end of "Facebook stuff I don't like" are this sorts of conversation:

Status OP: "AAAARGH! I'm so mad! Why have they done this to me?!!"
    Friend comment: "Oh dear, what happened? You need some help?"
    OP comment: "I don't wanna talk about it..."

THEN WHY DID YOU WRITE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU IJIT?!

Leave a comment:

• otakuneko
    replied
    When I finally joined Facebook I made two accounts: one "real" account and one "games" account. That way, I didn't have to add random people to my real account just for some stupid game.

I no longer log into the games account. I log into my real one maybe once in a blue moon.

Leave a comment:

• blas87
    replied
    I didn't want to steal another thread.

People who beg on Facebook for stuff.

You look stupid when you ask for stuff for free or basically admit "I'm a broke deadbeat and I want this!"

You look even worse if you've just had a baby shower or bridal shower and you're on FB begging for stuff.

People who are always posting about being bored or wanting something to do, but when people respond (I notice after a while, people quit even responding to these updates) they find every reason not to.

Aka "Joe Blow is bored and wants something to do on a Friday night!"

so Susie comments "Come on downtown to the Mouse Trap! Live band!"

Joe Blow answers "Sorry, I'm broke."

Ok...so basically, what you really want to do is have someone come over and entertain you or something to do for free?

Well, rinse wash repeat that status every Friday for a month. Ugh.

Don't forget the people, who, if they don't get a response in three seconds, respond "I guess I have no friends!"

Leave a comment:

• HYHYBT
    replied
    It doesn't matter how easy a feature is to use if you've either forgotten or never knew its existence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X