Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racket_Man
    replied
    all I can say is I fullly understand your circumstances (been there myself).

Leave a comment:

• blas87
    replied
    I'm so sorry, Katt I don't know what else to say to you but I feel for you and I'll be thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• HYHYBT
    replied
    The only remotely useful thing I can say now is

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    replied
    Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
    You may not directly qualify for one in your area, but they might be able to at least help point you in the right direction.
    the ones here only take in families, and they have a waiting list, because people come from out of town/out of state for them(my sister would pick up people off the greyhound bus in her cab and take them straight to the shelters. We currently have a "tent city" of the homeless right now, about 50 people.....

Leave a comment:

• crashhelmet
    replied
    I wish I knew the right words to help or comfort you in this situation other than to say I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of this. I went through a situation 5 years ago where I felt like everything was stacked against me. I made it through it only because someone gave me a chance when others wouldn't. Ultimately, I fell short of the final goal, but the support I had from the unforseen party helped me to succeed as much as I had. I also had to swallow my pride and ask my dad for help with my student loans, to keep them from defaulting.

Here in Vegas, we have a couple women's shelters. While they mostly take in abuse victims, they're also there for the homeless, as well as the single moms struggling to keep from being homeless. They have counselors set up to help these women secure housing, jobs, medical needs, etc.

You may not directly qualify for one in your area, but they might be able to at least help point you in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    started a topic Life in general

Life in general

This is going to be very ranty/whiny, so I apologize in advance.

list seems best:

1. my spouse of the last 6 years, we've been together for over 9 years, has decided he wants a divorce, various reasons have been given so I have no idea which one is the truth, but all of them are things I have zero ability to change, and not one is anything I've "done". The main one he keeps on about is wanting kids, I cannot have any more, he knew this when we got married, it was one of the reasons he gave for wanting to get married, said if he changed his mind we'd adopt, now that's not good enough. I helped support him through school, and now that it's my turn....sorry...this is the THIRD TIME. I can't get alimony because we've been married less than 10 years, he makes 2x + what I do. Can't get student loans because I'd be having to borrow over $40,000 for an $8,000 degree, have to be FT student for Federal loans, and the program I want is 60+hours a week between lab and class, and with a ft job making $13/hour I can't afford rent/food/bills, so a PT job to accommodate school wouldn't cover anything, I'd be stuck living off of loans.

2. Rent here is too high for me to afford.
    I have zero friends, and zero family, last few roommates I had turned out very badly(things stolen, bills/rent not paid, "guests" of roommates trying to climb into bed with me). I have to stay in the city due to no license(can't get due to medical issues), and no car, so I need to be within bus/bike distance. even a studio is over my budget, they run over $600/month for less than 100 sq ft of living space, and with my budget and bills(only necessities) that rent would leave me with less than $30 a week for food and travel(buss pass is $60/month or $15/week), plus studios here don't normally allow pets, and my cats are the only thing that keeps me going right now(and a major expense due to their food because they have grain allergies).

3. I make too much for any kind of assistance, never mind that my bills are almost equal to my income, I'm trying to pay down my medical debt which is well over $20,000 right now, due to some health issues from before I had insurance, and bills that insurance refused to cover for BS reasons. Food pantries are out of the question because I don't have kids, they're open when I'm working(seriously they're open for two hours one day a week), and not on bus lines, so even if I wasn't working I couldn't get to them.

4. everyone at work keeps telling me, "if it's important you'll find a way, otherwise you'll find an excuse", "it's not that bad", "get over it", and "get used to ramen-ha ha", and being overly sympathetic to the people that are CAUSING their own problems. (oh you're paying $900 a month for daycare even though your spouse just sits at home on the internet, OMG that's horrible, I feel so bad for you.)

Seriously, I'm facing starvation and/or homelessness and you're cracking jokes about it? Oh yeah, the four of you own paid off houses, have no student loans, or debt of any kind, own two cars and a scooter each, also paid off, and each have around $20,000 in savings. That would probably explain why you can't fathom being poor enough to not be able to buy a new shirt when they shrink, so you report me for violationg the dress code because less than an inch of skin is visible between my pants and shirt, so now I have to spend my last $40(that was going to buy my food for the next two weeks) buying shirts that don't offend you dear co-workers, though I do notice that the other female standing next to you that you play MMORPGs with isn't offending you by wearing a shirt cut so low I can tell you she's wearing a black lace bra...because I can SEE IT(short, as in under 5', overweight as in over 250#, whiny, whines about EVERYTHING, part time worker, works fewer than 16 hours a week(2 hours wed, 2 hours thur, 5 hours fri, 6 hours sat) .

I am 100% defeated, I give up, throw in the towel, I lost. Any future I had has been totally destroyed, and there is nothing I can do about it, not my fault, didn't cause it, can't fix it, so WTF am I supposed to do?
    Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 04-19-2012, 09:14 PM.
Working...
X