Please, just stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, just stop

I love my friends and acquaintances dearly, but there are some of them that I just want to take a Clue by four to.

This rant is about two of them, one being a fabulous friend of mine and the other is a guy I went to high school with.

Look, I understand that "in this economy" job hunting is difficult, especially if you're new to the job market. I will help you out as best as I can. I've given you hints, tips, hell, I've written out complete answers to some of the most frequently asked questions during a job interview. I've sat you down and helped you fill out your resume, fill out job applications, fill out whatever you needed.

For the love of all that's holy and unholy, stop freaking complaining. First you complain that you don't have a job, now, you're complaining about EVERY. SINGLE. ASPECT. of your job. You complain about the hours, the duties involved. You complain that YOU HAVE TO WALK and use passive aggressive hinting that you need a ride to and from work so that the people who have licenses and cars will take you.

You're complaining that you have too many hours, not enough hours, late hours, early hours.

I am so very much done helping you. The temptation to delete you off of Facebook, so you're out of sight, out of mind, is strong. Please, please, please learn how to appreciate the fact that you have a job. It may not be great, but it's a start. I started a minimum wage too, I know how crappy it can be with the customers and the management and the conditions. It gets better, I promise. Chin up, chest out, eyes straight, hands off the keyboard
Working...
X