No announcement yet.

Youtube Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, that's why I stick to Worlds Dumbest Criminals, etc. Most of the people there seem to be willfully stupid, and not simply having a bad day.

Of course that guy who went insane on the cop who gave him a traffic ticket was hilarious, and showcased what we all know about SCs--the calmer you are, the more angry they get.

Comment

the best way of helping a crash victim is to call the emergency services
      If it's safe for them to remain where they are in the meantime, yes.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

yes and no. It depends on three things: 1. how much danger they are actually in. ( which is less than you'd think in a car) 2. how high the risk is of the rescuer becoming an additional casualty. 3. how much risk the casulty would be exposed to during the rescue. ( it's particularly stupid to drag someone from a crashed car onto a motorway/interstate unless traffic has stopped, for example)

In the case of the crashing cars, as far as I could tell, they weren't actually crashing into each other- so the risk of further injury is actually quite low. Second, the risk of injury to a rescuer is extremely high- I'd say almost guaranteed- thus all a rescue attempt is likely to result in is anther person either needing rescue, or the coroner.

Comment

There have been a number of times when I watched a YouTube video of a segment from the ABC show What Would You Do? and felt so deeply touched and inspired by people on the show stepping in to fight an injustice ... and then I made the mistake of reading the comments, which pretty much killed the warm feeling I'd gotten from watching the video.

Not too long ago, I finished watching a WWYD video and scrolled down to the comments, and the very first one on the list simply said :

Scroll back up to the video. Trust me, you don't want to go down.
          Good advice.
          I consider myself a "theoretical feminist." That is, in pure theory, feminism is the belief that men and women should be treated equally, a belief that I certainly share. To what extent I would support feminism in its actual, existing form is a separate matter.

Comment

Working...
          X