Youtube Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube Comments

There are two videos in particular that brought about this thread.

1. Skydiver loses arm. This is a point of view video filmed with a gopro camera. In this video, the skydiver ends up flying above a very small town. He tries to manuver away from the town, but a gust of wind carries him toward a field which he lands in. As luck would have it, he ends up hitting the one trailer parked in the field. The result is not pretty and he ends up losing feeling in his arm (which ends up having to be amputated).

And in comes the youtube arm chair experts who make all kinds of judgments about the skydiver's experience with some assuming that he hit the trailer on purpose. The assumption being that people can't ever have shitty luck. Even if you were to argue that he made some mistake which lead to this, pointing it out now is just cruel considering he lost his fucking arm.

2. The other video angry man stuck in snow (which has some F bombs so be warned). Someone filmed this video of someone trying (and failing) to get out of the snow for several minutes. And of course, the arm chair experts strike again. This time telling him that he was a dick for filming him and should have helped him.

I can sort of see the point about filming him (though that could be a different topic), but the ones who chide him for not coming to his aid are full of shit. How can you fault someone for not going near some crazy man throwing a fit and cursing at people who drive by? And that's not the only time I've seen someone get ragged on for not immediately offering their assistance. One of the two people who recorded a wave crashing through a restaurant window had a comment calling her selfish because she decided it was time to go. It would be one thing if she had emergency medical training because otherwise, how are you supposed to know what to do?

These are YouTube comments. Half of the people who comment on YouTube videos are there just to troll.

It's SHITCOCK writ large.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There's nothing more awe-inspiring than this often-seen occurrence on just about any YouTube video:

[Video of a firework exploding at very slow speed]

Mr. Fairy:
      Cool vid! I love slow-mo videos, but this one was especially awesome!
      45 min ago

>> Show 30 Replies

Mr. Fairy:
      HEY, DIPSHIT, WHY DON'T YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF AND KILL YOUR GRANDMA, ASSHOLE!!!
      5 min ago

Curiosity gets the better of me and I try and figure out what bizarre series of replies could have made someone go from 0 to insane in less than an hour, and of course, it's some idiot who thinks it's funny to compare people who like slo-mo videos to Nazi Germany and just grind their gears.

Comment

YouTube is not really as bad as some of the news sites I frequent.

Most comments can be sorted into

1. YAWN why was this article even written
        2. RRRRAAAARRRRRRRR Obama RAAAARRRRRRRR
        3. <racial slur> PLUS added #2
        4. something totally a 180 from the article
        5. YOU'RE A DUMB-ASS

I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

You forgot #6. "You're a (gay slur) who needs to (insert sex word) your (relative)."

Comment

And #7: "Why is this article written when ISIS is invading Syria and Iraq and people are dying by the thousands in a heatwave in India?" (when the article is somewhere in some oddball section and those more important topics are being shown in big bold letters right on the front page)

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              These are YouTube comments. Half of the people who comment on YouTube videos are there just to troll.

It's SHITCOCK writ large.
              I don't expect much from youtube comments (other than the occasional clever comment), but the comments on those videos weren't that different than stuff I heard IRL.

On another note: The song in the video is obviously. not. SANDSTORM!!!! STOP THIS STUPID MEME ALREADY.

Comment

I watch MLP so I'll add something else...

8. Lol why do you watch (insert kids show). You must be a pedo

No, I watch it for the mental breakdowns, the highly accurate portrayal of stage fright and panic attacks (Google "Fluttershy eye hallway" )the DragonballZ esque fights, and the Changeling Queen's kickass song.

Comment

I love when commenters on an editorial or other clearly-labeled opinion piece complain that it's not unbiased reporting.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                    On another note: The song in the video is obviously. not. SANDSTORM!!!! STOP THIS STUPID MEME ALREADY.
                    "It's just a part of the program we'd like to call — DEEP HURTING. DEEP HURTING."
                    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                      "It's just a part of the program we'd like to call — DEEP HURTING. DEEP HURTING."
                      Or would you like the ROCK CLIMBING DEEP HURTING instead of the SAND STORM DEEP HURTING ??????
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Just found another one on a fail army video. One of the videos had people filming cars crashing on an icy road and of course, they were bad people for not doing anything to help. They were bad people because they weren't going to foolishly risk their lives by putting themselves on the path of out of control vehicles.

Comment

not to mention that the best way of helping a crash victim is to call the emergency services... ( in several cases, people have been paralyzed by people dragging them out of their crashed car.)

not to mention, what exactly could the person with the camera DO?

Comment

I think it's kind of shitty to be videotaping it and posting it so everyone can laugh at the misfortune of others. I never really found AFV things that amusing either. >_> But it's not so much the v'not helping,' as it is the 'point and laugh at people crashing their cars.'
                            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                              I think it's kind of shitty to be videotaping it and posting it so everyone can laugh at the misfortune of others. I never really found AFV things that amusing either. >_> But it's not so much the v'not helping,' as it is the 'point and laugh at people crashing their cars.'
                              I can definitely understand that viewpoint. I'd feel like a real asshole if I taped someone having a bad day just to put it on youtube. And I say this as someone who finds those videos funny and/or amusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X