Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mississippi High school cancels prom after student wanted to bring same sex date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop asking for permission, just show up at the prom itself with your date and walk in like it's completely normal, say you are just there as friends and go in. Then dance together and kiss in front of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
      That means not letting them let Constance's story die in the media until it's resolved! Keep the spotlight on it.
      Dan Savage mentioned this in his Savage Love column the week before last (the title was simply the phone number for the school board), and also talked about it in his podcast from that week as well, (and all the calls he used for that podcast were from or about gay teens, as well).
      I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
        Then dance together and kiss in front of everyone.
        That wouldn't be a good idea. Then they are playing right into the school's hands. They would purposely be causing a disruption which is their main argument.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          That wouldn't be a good idea. Then they are playing right into the school's hands. They would purposely be causing a disruption which is their main argument.
          Yeah, part of their original "deal" was that they could go separately (and in a dress!), but if they made anyone "uncomfortable" they'd have to leave. Stupid.
          I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

No they wouldn't be causing a disruption, just act like it's completely normal, and then when the administration stops them you can actually say that the only disruption was from the school.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
              No they wouldn't be causing a disruption, just act like it's completely normal, and then when the administration stops them you can actually say that the only disruption was from the school.
              Two girls, making out in the middle of a crowded room, at a prom, wouldn't be the disruption? You can bet your ass everyone would stop what they are doing and stare. Disruption caused wayyyyyyyyyy before teachers intervene.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

On a side note, the courts have decided that indeed the school did violate her Constitutional rights (when have those mattered in this country anyway... we follow the bible, not some arbitrary set of rules )
                And an unrelated note, having read the comments on Yahoo News this afternoon... my bigotry is well placed.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  And an unrelated note, having read the comments on Yahoo News this afternoon... my bigotry is well placed.
                  Oh, come on smiley. That's like me reading the comments on YouTube and reaching the conclusion that all Americans are morons.

Internet crazies are not a representational sample.

Comment

Boozy, my representative sample of real life people is Utah... I am forced to agree with your view about Americans being morons
                    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Why stop there, Smiley? My represantative sample tells me that moron is the prevailing condition for all humanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X