Cult Militia trying to start a war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult Militia trying to start a war...

I think this is the correct spot for this.

Evidently this militia group was planning to kill a police officer, then attack other officers at his funeral to begin their war against the United States Government.

Nope, not a 'Jihad', but in the name of Christ.

Methinks the fundamentalists enjoy ruining things for everyone.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/...lans/?hpt=Sbin

You know, I could have sworn there was something in the Bible about not killing people, treating others as you would like to be treated, and loving your neighbor. Silly me.

On a more serious note, I want to know what the hell these people are reading! How do you get the idea that Jesus wants you to wage war from reading the Bible? (Unless you're reading the "Bible for Opposites Day", without realizing it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Savannah View Post
      You know, I could have sworn there was something in the Bible about not killing people, treating others as you would like to be treated, and loving your neighbor. Silly me.
      I don't know about those but I'm sure there was something about not judging or not throwing stones.

Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment.
      Can someone find me a passage that backs this up even remotely? And I mean in terms of Jesus not someone else advocating violence but Jesus himself.

Comment

No, nobody can find that. There are passages that can very easily be used to support violence, but most of that is Old Testament and none of it is His.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Wasn't there more in the bible about beating the swords into ploughs and turning the other cheeck?
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Just goes to show that hopelessly insane people can be found everywhere you look.

Kudos to the feds for shutting them down before anyone got hurt. Neat little reminder that there is real police work getting done despite the goofs that get plastered all over the news.

Kinda makes me wonder what would happen if I founded a militia specifically to oppose the violent overthrow of the government by other militias...
            All units: IRENE
            HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Absolutely

Kudos to the feds for shutting them down before anyone got hurt. Neat little reminder that there is real police work getting done despite the goofs that get plastered all over the news.

Definitely the most important thing to take from the article. Believe it or not, we do have a pretty competent police force for the most part. Unfortunately, it is the 'horror' stories that get folks to buy the papers or tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGiant View Post
                Definitely the most important thing to take from the article. Believe it or not, we do have a pretty competent police force for the most part. Unfortunately, it is the 'horror' stories that get folks to buy the papers or tune in.
                I just KNOW that the statements about this are going to be "how on earth did they let these people do this!???!" despite the fact that, they didn't!

It was a textbook situation. Suspicious behavior warrents closer inspection, in turn reveals potential danger so evidence is gathered until you either

A) prove the threat and take them down
                or
                B) discover that there is little or no threat and either keep an eye on them or ignore them.

Class tommorow is going to be FUN

Comment

I've seen, quoted, a passage that claims to be a quote from Jesus 'If you have no sword, sell your cloak and buy one'. But I haven't had a bible in decades, so I have no way to check, and I don't recall on what site I've seen it.

However, the use I've seen that quote applied to was self-defense - being willing, able and ready to defend yourself if attacked. It was not being used to support attacking anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
                    Kinda makes me wonder what would happen if I founded a militia specifically to oppose the violent overthrow of the government by other militias...
                    You'd get busted for vigilante justice.

What? He asked.

Comment

According to the author of Matthew, Jesus did say (and I paraphrase), "I come not to bring peace, but a sword." But that just goes to show that you can find a bible verse to support almost any agenda.

And this story just goes to show that extremists will latch on to any philosophy or religion that they think supports their cause. In this sense, Christianity is no better than Islam.
                      "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Ghel: I'm tempted to say that that verse, combined with the Michigan militia people, is what happens when people who claim to take everything in the Bible literally actually try to do so... but that wouldn't be fair. Instead, a quote from a famous hymn:
                        Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

What is truly sad about this... I'm not surprised that this happened, I am however surprised at how long it took for this to happen. Far too many fundamentalists who are upset over blacks being given equality, gays moving (far too slowly for any decent person's taste) towards equality, and more and more people abandoning the Bible to believe that this wouldn't have happened or won't happen again.
                          "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                            You'd get busted for vigilante justice.

What? He asked.
                            I would say it's actually preparation for future self defense, which is actually 100% legal

As a great man or woman has probably already said:

"In order to shoot the bad guy first, you have to already have a gun"

And if they didn't I just did!

On another note, I'm not in the slightest surprised that this happened because similar thing have and likely always will. Absolutely fucking insane nut cases are always going to exist and sooner or later some of 'em will band together and try and blow shit up. The trick is to lock them up or shoot 'em till they stop squirming before they get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post

As a great man or woman has probably already said:

"In order to shoot the bad guy first, you have to already have a gun"
                              I'm sorry your trying to bring logic into politics you really need to not do that. but of course I couldn't agree more. What sucks is many people who own guns are now seen as part of this group for no real reason. I am sick of people demonizing guns. Glad they were able to stop the militia before anything happened, guess they saw this article/forward Four down 20000 go. Guess they took 20000 to go as a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X