Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Vet Sought VA Conseling for PTSD, Gets Subjected to Homophobic Rant by Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Vet Sought VA Conseling for PTSD, Gets Subjected to Homophobic Rant by Nurse

Esther Garatie, a wounded former Marine Officer and a lesbian, went to the Dallas VA Medical Center to seek help for suicidal thoughts related to her PTSD. The VA nurse subjected her to an apparent three-hour long religious diatribe on how her depression was not because of PTSD but because she was feeling "guilt" over her "choice" to be a lesbian, and her depression would end if she "accepted Jesus!!"

http://www.change.org/petitions/dall...arine-veteran/

Pardon my French...but what a cunt! Seriously, how the fuck is it any of her business? There's no call for what she did. Especially since the victim is a Marine...a branch of the armed forces with a well-deserved reputation for blowing shit up and beating the crap out of people with things like pipe cleaners

Comment

I never use this word, but WHAT A CUNT!!

It reminds me of something I remember reading on FSTDT. Some jackass claimed that depression was a sin and continued on about how they have no right to be upset because "JESUS SAVES!!". I think people responded to the asshole with proof that depression was a mental illness, but he would not buy it. And they wonder people are depressed when told their going to burn in hell for not accepting Jesus.

Comment

What a crock of shit. VA counselling is supposed to be there to help people, not try to ruin lives.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

You know, at this point I'm really amazed the rest of you haven't just built a fence around Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            You know, at this point I'm really amazed the rest of you haven't just built a fence around Texas.
            I am not allowed in the state unless I want to do jail time. Not kidding.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
              Pardon my French...but what a cunt!
              Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              I never use this word, but WHAT A CUNT!!
              I believe the term is "cum guzzling thunder cunt" But I'm being polite.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

That BITCH! She really ought to be fired for what she did! She had no right whatsoever for spewing that vile rant about the Marine vet's sexuality. I hope the vet gets all the help she needs for her PTSD from somebody more professional and understanding.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                  at this point I'm almost hoping for a story like this outside of Texas... that might restore my faith that there is stupid people everywhere and that there isn't really a region of the country that specifically breeds stupidity.
                  Though, at this rate, if the next war is for Texas independence, I think I'll fight for Texas just to ensure that we actually get rid of them.
                  "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Not exactly like this one, but there is plenty of evidence of stupidity outside Texas.

But you know this already. You're from UTAH!

(The other day there was a group of nuts arrested just up the road from here, in Toccoa. Wanted to spread ricin along the Atlanta interstates and shoot judges, or something like that.)
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                      Not exactly like this one, but there is plenty of evidence of stupidity outside Texas.

(The other day there was a group of nuts arrested just up the road from here, in Toccoa. Wanted to spread ricin along the Atlanta interstates and shoot judges, or something like that.)
                      Try Flori-DUH! My (sadly) home state....that place is chockfull of stupidity.
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post

Yeah, but we do a good job of sending our idiots to where they can do the least damage to us... Congress

Also, most of our idiots are at least smart enough to hide their stupidity (until the get on they freeway, then may God have mercy on your soul).
                        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

*waves* Hi. Louisiana here. Though we do have Mardi Gras and New Orleans going for us. But, also, my family lives here, which just might cancel all that out for stupidity and pigheadedness.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
                            Try Flori-DUH! My (sadly) home state....that place is chockfull of stupidity.
                            Yes, when your state earns its own Fark.com tag you know you're in trouble.

Comment

Texas is teetering on the edge of needing its own tag...

Comment

Working...
                              X