Religon interfering with Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religon interfering with Politics

in the Political inerfierence with Religion thread, someone pointed out that religion ALSO intefers with politics.

Here is the perfect example.

and YES this moron brings out the Hitler AND Stalin thing rather quickly.

This "priest" should be torutured mid-evil style.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Not that I agree with the church's stance, but how is it interfering with politics?

Comment

It's a bit different when they're arguing against provisions that directly affect them.

On the other hand, in the past they've shown clear as day that they will position any proposed law or regulation they don't happen to like as being a violation of their religious liberty, and to arrange things so as to be "forced" out of helping people if they don't get their way, presenting that as their only option, even when it wasn't. So I have precious little sympathy when they come around with the same old story again.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Ah. I didn't read the article last night, but I see that some douchebag is comparing Obama's insistence on religious freedom for all religions as being anti-religious.

This has already been a thread here and the entire contraceptives covered by health insurance issue was trounced pretty solidly, with actual religious institutions and ministerial employees exempt from the ruling and only institutions operating as businesses being affected, which is precisely how it should be.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm actually having that discussion elsehwere about how America is a nation of individuals with many religions, not one blanket religion.
          So far the flamage has been minor, but I'm waiting to see if he pops like so many others when their precious world views are challenged.
          Last edited by Silverharp; 05-29-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverharp View Post
            I'm actually having that discussion elsehwere about how America is a nation of individuals with many religions, not one blanket religion.
            So far the flamage has been minor, but I'm waiting to see of he pops like so many others when their precious world views are challenged.
            And yet, the Christians are the ones who are oppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              And yet, the Christians are the ones who are oppressed.
              To qute Jon Stewart: “You've confused the 'war on your religion' with not always getting everything you want!

Comment

Working...
              X