Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you mean there are *gasp* other religions? more state sponsored "christian" bigotry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you mean there are *gasp* other religions? more state sponsored "christian" bigotry

http://i.imgur.com/qKci0.jpg
    what shes defending:
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...n-muslim-ones/

I.. do not want to believe people are this stupid but then again...

I'm wondering how long before that parody Twitter account gets yanked. In the meantime, I might follow it for some laughs.

In other news, Hodges is a blithering idiot and everybody who put her there should be ashamed, but I'm not sure may of them are far enough up the evolutionary ladder to even recognize why they should be.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's hard to tell something's a parody when it's expressing the views of the real person.

It's not stupidity, though.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

When the bio includes, "Being a general waste of tax-payer money." it's pretty hard to miss that it's supposed to be a parody.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Also, she's shown in the Scumbag Steve hat.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Is that what that is?

I knew it was a shop, just not why.

^-.-^

Comment

and the profile lists her website as stormfront (a neonazi site, for those unfamiliar).

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                but I'm not sure may of them are far enough up the evolutionary ladder to even recognize why they should be.

^-.-^
                I believe you mean intelligently designed ladder.
                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Well.. If only a parody then I get to tell my sup hes been passing bad data heh. Unless the parody is in line with her actual views that is.. hmmmm... (draws up grand conspiracy how this is her real views heh)

Comment

you mean there are *gasp* other religions? more state sponsored "christian" bigotry

Story here

Seems when the LA Governor violated the church-state separation with school choice vouchers(sending taxpayer money to religious schools), they apparently thought they could send it to only christian schools, and are now horrified that it has backfired and they have to send taxpayer money to muslim schools, and that's not what they intended. Seems they may be getting a little closer to understanding why separation of church and state are VITAL to this country.

And it seems some of the state legislature needs to return to history class.
                    Originally posted by Rep. Valarie Hodges, R-Watson
                    “I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America’s Founding Fathers’ religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools,” …
                    “Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion,” Hodges said. “We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.”
                    Sorry, your religious bigotry isn't welcome, and the founding fathers were Deists, NOT christian!
                    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Hah! They didn't see that coming huh? They always were kinda slow on the uptake.

Comment

Christians knew this sort of thing half a century ago. What happened to make people more ignorant and short-sighted?
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          Christians knew this sort of thing half a century ago. What happened to make people more ignorant and short-sighted?
                          Adherence to follow blind faith, charismatic leaders and the belief from previous generations that if you weren't going to a christian school, you would be an uneducated hick living in the redneck district. >.>

Comment

I've merged these two threads, since they both refer to the same link and both have several posts. I'd like to remind everyone two things:

1. When posting a link, please look around and make sure it hasn't already been posted.

2. Please give some sort of description, so that it's easier for others to find it and make sure they're not posting something that's already been posted.
                            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

There's another thread about this in the Social Woes section. It's the oldest of them all.

Lousiana implements education voucher program to send tax money to religious schools
                              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
                              X