Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindu woman dies after being denied an abortion because "this is a Catholic country"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by static View Post
    "Pro-life" supporters are sending death threats to politicians who support the abortion legislation.
    That's a medal contender at the irony olympics right there...

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
      That's a medal contender at the irony olympics right there...
      That's proof that they aren't pro-life, just pro-birth. Once the baby is born, they stop caring. Because it's not about life, it's about control.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        That's proof that they aren't pro-life, just pro-birth. Once the baby is born, they stop caring. Because it's not about life, it's about control.
        Paraphrasing the late, great Bill Hicks, I'll believe that they're pro-life when they start picketing cemeteries...

Comment

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...dor/?mobile=wp

Similar story in El Salvador right now. Not only is the poor woman likely to die, her baby has by the sounds of it something severly wrong, anencephaly perhaps. But do they care? No!!

Twats!

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
              http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...dor/?mobile=wp

Similar story in El Salvador right now. Not only is the poor woman likely to die, her baby has by the sounds of it something severly wrong, anencephaly perhaps. But do they care? No!!

Twats!
              The baby has no brain, and will die hours after birth because it cannot live outside the womb.

The woman has conditions that make it dangerous, bordering on deadly for her to be pregnant.

So of course the Catholic Church wants her to have the baby and likely die. Far better for her to die than end the pregnancy early and save her life. Saving the life of a poor woman is EVIL compared to letting a helpless baby die in agony.

But hey, what do I know. I don't believe in an invisible sky fairy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
                    Ah lads...
                    Do you have a link?

Edit: Never mind, found it. Link

Note to self, use copy/paste in google rather than try to type out Irish parliamentary titles...
                    Last edited by draco664; 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

To be fair, from that side's point of view neither that sign nor its placement is anything to be ashamed of.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Someone should put a picture of the woman who died on that board, cross out the middle bit and write, Yes it will.

Comment

depnds on your POV, actually. If you believe someone was destined to die on a particular day, then arguably abortion wouldn't have saved the woman who died. ( because, if she was destined to die anyway, she would still have died) NOTE- this is NOT my personla view. I'm pointing out how somebody might justify the statement that it wouldn't make people safer

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                              depnds on your POV, actually. If you believe someone was destined to die on a particular day, then arguably abortion wouldn't have saved the woman who died. ( because, if she was destined to die anyway, she would still have died) NOTE- this is NOT my personla view. I'm pointing out how somebody might justify the statement that it wouldn't make people safer
                              Except that by that very same token, any fetus (it's not a baby, yet, and I hate that misuse of terminology) that dies via abortion was destined to die that day, anyway.

Hell, the logical conclusion is that health care is utterly unnecessary, so anyone who has ever visited a doctor would be a blazing hypocrite for even suggesting unavoidable destiny.
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I happen to agree with you, but that is what some nutjobs might argue.

Comment

Working...
                                X