Philly, Sports, and TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly, Sports, and TV

So, tonight is the first night of hockey playoffs. I'm excited. The Rangers are in it again. YAY! So, since it's the playoffs, of course it'd be on TV. I check tvguide.com and here are the sports games on TV tonight:

Flyers
    76ers
    Phillies
    Mets/Padres
    Flyers

Wait, what the hell? The Flyers are on TWO channels, but the Rangers game doesn't even get one? This is why I HATE the Philly area. They only play Philly sports teams. And the Mets. And who the hell cares about the Mets around here? It's a freaking playoffgame. It should take precendence over any regular season game for any sport. SCREW YOU COATSVILLE COMCAST/Philly!!!
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    So, tonight is the first night of hockey playoffs. I'm excited. The Rangers are in it again. YAY! So, since it's the playoffs, of course it'd be on TV. I check tvguide.com and here are the sports games on TV tonight:

Flyers
    76ers
    Phillies
    Mets/Padres
    Flyers

Wait, what the hell? The Flyers are on TWO channels, but the Rangers game doesn't even get one? This is why I HATE the Philly area. They only play Philly sports teams. And the Mets. And who the hell cares about the Mets around here? It's a freaking playoffgame. It should take precendence over any regular season game for any sport. SCREW YOU COATSVILLE COMCAST/Philly!!!

Heh. I understand completely. During the opening week of baseball, the 4/6 game for the Red Sox was being touted as being on ESPN2. Good, I can watch it. Then, I read that ESPN2 is showing the Cubs/Astros game around here along with CSN-Chicago. Fuckers. Yeah, I understand the Cubs (Cardinals and White Sox) are the local teams, but, damn, ESPN2 AND CSN don't both have to be showing the same game. Since CSN is our regional sports channel, show the game there and the other game on ESPN2 (or the ESPN2/Alt channel that Dish has).

Fox is worse, though. They shilled THREE games all starting at the same time...both fucking Fox affiliates around here (Bloomington and Springfield) showed the fucking Cardinals (and Astros strangely enough). Ya know, Fox either needs to show one game to the nation, or, MLB needs to ease up the blackout rules and allow games to be shown anywhere by the "home" network (NESN for Red Sox, YES for Yankees, FSN-MW for Cardinals for example).

But, when only a few get to decide for the many (and money talks - when was the last time you saw a Royals game on Sunday Night Baseball?) this shit happens.

Comment

That's like the other week when I wanted to watch the Devils game. MSG had the Rangers (understandably), MSG+ had some basketball crap and I don't get MSG2. The other local channels were playing some other random hockey games from way out of the area.

I couldn't get the Devils home game, though.

Granted, it wasn't a play off game, and since the Devils had clinched their spot it wasn't a particularly important one, but dammit! I wanted to watch it!

Thank god for webcast radio!

And Greenday- how could you say you're from New Jersey and cheer for the Rangers?

I feel for you. Must have sucked being stuck watching the Flyers.
      "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
      "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Originally posted by DesignFox View Post
        And Greenday- how could you say you're from New Jersey and cheer for the Rangers?

I feel for you. Must have sucked being stuck watching the Flyers.
        Devil's fans.

I wouldn't know. I refused to watch. But I ended up searching google and found a live feed so I could watch the Rangers.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Devil's fans.
          And? *chuckle*

I wouldn't know. I refused to watch. But I ended up searching google and found a live feed so I could watch the Rangers.
          That's good. The internet is a wonderful thing isn't it? Gotta say, at least when you're watching one game, they do update you on the progress of all the others!

I'm new to this hockey thing. My SO got me into it- He's a Sabres fan first and a Devil's fan second. I've been missing out for years! What a fun sport!
          "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
          "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

What the fuck? Those sons of bitches did it again. The Phillies game is on TWO channels, but the Rangers game is on ZERO. Fuck you Philly.

Comment

Working...
            X