Racist Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Customer

I made an xtranormal video about a racist customer and a store worker. I don't know if it would be ok to post the link on customers suck or not so I am trying to post it here first to see if it's ok.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090615130211680

Is it based on a real situation, or simply extrapolated from other posts, or what?

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

When I worked as a cashier, I would often get people who behaved just this way. I would ask for their I D and they would say "It's cause I'm black, aint it?" I would say "No, it's because I'm supposed to check ID on this" and they would reply with a very sarcastic sounding "MMM HMMM!" The more I tried to explain to them that everyone, regardless of race, had their ID checked, the worse it got.

The part about answering "How are you today" with "Magazine!" was extrapolated from posts on CS though. I always found that to be a funny part of people's stories.

Comment

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19718938/detail.html

Comment

Been pondering this fairly hard. The problem I have is that it's a conglomeration of several tales. We've got no problem with mentioning race on CS as long as it's pertinent to the tale, or to differentiate between different customers. What you have here is pretty much how you feel you were treated by black people. It's focussing on the race, not the actual incidents.

Doesn't work for me, but thanks for asking.

Not sure why you posted that link about Chuck-E Cheese in this thread?

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I understand completely. I've been a moderator on a couple of different message boards so I know that you have to make decisions like this to keep harmony. I put the link to Chuck-E Cheese in the thread because it was an example of a bogus "discrimnation" claim in real life.

Comment

You are not alone.

I got that one when I worked at a gas station.

I always wanted to say "You know what, I am so sick and tired of non white people playing the damn race card. I'm fairly certain that Martin Luther King is probably turning around so fast in his grave that he could create enough energy to power a decent sized city!"

Comment

What a great comeback blas! lol

Comment

That's what I call a "Blas-ism".

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    "You know what, I am so sick and tired of non white people playing the damn race card. I'm fairly certain that Martin Luther King is probably turning around so fast in his grave that he could create enough energy to power a decent sized city!"
                    I love that!!

I never had to deal with that when I worked at a gas station. I only had the ID idiots. I agree that people will use what ever they can to try to get anything they can.
                    "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Working...
                    X