Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most spoilt child in Britain?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...d-Britain.html

Seriously, words fail me. This woman thinks it's perfectly alright to have spent £150,000 on her 11 year old daughter and to be teaching her that anything she wants, she gets. By the way, she and her husband have another daughter who doesn't get jack shit spent on her. -.-
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

That's an impressive number of fails all in one cohesive action. Fiscal responsibility fail, awe-inspiring parenting fail... no really, it's epic, willpower fail, general responsibility fail, oh the list goes on!

Why am I trying to make light of this situation, you ask?

Because if I didn't laugh at it, I'd be weeping for the future
    All units: IRENE
    HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
      That's an impressive number of fails all in one cohesive action. Fiscal responsibility fail, awe-inspiring parenting fail... no really, it's epic, willpower fail, general responsibility fail, oh the list goes on!

Why am I trying to make light of this situation, you ask?

Because if I didn't laugh at it, I'd be weeping for the future
      Hoepfully when they get older, the younger saner kid will kick the crap out of both of them, taking them down a peg in the process.

Comment

Wow. This article had the surprising power to piss me off to no end. What a pathetic excuse for a human being that girl is going to turn out to be.
        - Kim

Comment

Originally posted by LeChatNoir View Post
          Wow. This article had the surprising power to piss me off to no end. What a pathetic excuse for a human being that girl is going to turn out to be.
          I don't know. Nellie turned into a very nice demure woman.
          Ha! Ancient callback to "Little House on the Prairie".
          That isn't gunfire. It's just my old bones popping.

Comment

Yeah, she's not going to make it as a model, she's going to be in for a rude awakening in a few years, I just hope I can see it.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
              Yeah, she's not going to make it as a model, she's going to be in for a rude awakening in a few years, I just hope I can see it.
              I don't want to sound like a bitch, but I have to agree with you; that girl just does not have the looks or build to make it in the very competitive modeling industry. It's probably baby fat, but she does look very chubby; maybe when she goes thru puberty she'll lose that, but seeing as she's got carte blanche by her parents to spend as much money as she wants on anything she likes with her credit card (why the fuck does an 11 year old have a credit card?!), including chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks, I doubt it.

I can also foresee many problems with her sister; yeah, now she doesn't like designer labels, being only five; however when she gets older and sees her sister being spoiled rotten with expensive stuff and not her, she's going to get very resentful and jealous. I personally think it's incredibly stupid, even verging on spiteful, to favour a child over another like this.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what happens if she gets in trouble (for something minor, like say speeding) when she's older and how she reacts to authority then...
                The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

"Brogan will say to me “Mum, you’re not going out hairdressing again tonight are you?”, and I’ll reply “Where do you think all the money comes from to pay for your things?”

That really got me, Yeah the kid is a brat but somewhere underneath what she really wants and needs is a family to love her and spend time with her.
                  It'll be a hard few years but if they start now they might actually make a decent person out of her yet. Otherwise she will continue to compensate and think that love=objects and become a royal PITA.

It also blows my mind that the mother is the same age as I am. This is one of the many reasons you shouldn't have a kid until you've had a chance to live in the real world yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbiegirl View Post
                    It also blows my mind that the mother is the same age as I am. This is one of the many reasons you shouldn't have a kid until you've had a chance to live in the real world yourself.
                    The risk of birth defects, especially down's syndrome, increases the older a woman is when she gives birth. Until we get genetic engineering down, I would prefer to limit the number of deformities in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
                      The risk of birth defects, especially down's syndrome, increases the older a woman is when she gives birth.
                      Okay, the prick side of me wants to ask "So what? You had no issues with a 70-year old having kids just because she wanted them," but that's tangential at best.

On topic, and a proper response would be to point out that maturity isn't really tied to chronological age, and it's possible to live in the world and get experience enough before a woman's even 25. It's a fair bet the mother was spoilt or sheltered in some fashion during her youth, as well.
                      Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
                        Okay, the prick side of me wants to ask "So what? You had no issues with a 70-year old having kids just because she wanted them," but that's tangential at best. .
                        You're misremembering my point. I said that it shouldn't be banned, not that it wasn't a bad idea.

On topic, and a proper response would be to point out that maturity isn't really tied to chronological age, and it's possible to live in the world and get experience enough before a woman's even 25. It's a fair bet the mother was spoilt or sheltered in some fashion during her youth, as well.
                        Normally when someone says that a person has lived more than their age suggests, it means that they had a harsh life. I wouldn't consider that a good thing.

Comment

Normally when someone says that a person has lived more than their age suggests, it means that they had a harsh life. I wouldn't consider that a good thing.
                          I dunno that's I'd necessarily use the term "harsh life." After all, if someone had a college degree, had done volunteer teaching overseas, and worked to support themselves through it all, I'd say they've lived a lot, especially if they've done it by my age. I'd not be ashamed to say they've probably done more than I. Lots of volunteer work and self-sufficiency would be a sign of maturity in someone as young as me. Personally, I'm barely self-sufficient. Once I've set myself up a bit better, I hope to actually start doing something besides working and building an encyclopaedic knowledge of movies.
                          Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

The risk of birth defects, especially down's syndrome, increases the older a woman is when she gives birth. Until we get genetic engineering down, I would prefer to limit the number of deformities in the future.
                            Waiting until older is different to haveing a kid while still a teenager

The thing is, she wasn't 25 when she had the kid, she was 17, you really don't get much life experience at that age.
                            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                              The thing is, she wasn't 25 when she had the kid, she was 17, you really don't get much life experience at that age.
                              Sorry, was speaking in generalities, not specific to this case, since there was the subtangent of barbiegirl's, and then Flyn assuming you need to be like, old old to have maturity and life experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X