Staycations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staycations

Is it a real vacation? How does it stack up?

What is your opinion do you think that taking a staycation is the same and if so what should one do on a staycation?

What would be your ideal Staycation?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

First off, let me look up the definition of a staycation as I've never heard of it.

Makes sense to me. Visiting something like historical landmarks doesn't change because it's not far away.

Personally, any time off is good time off so whatever happens is good as long as it's not work.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      First off, let me look up the definition of a staycation as I've never heard of it.
      Yeah I had to look it up too. I heard about it on a TV show and the concept fascinated me especially living in a metropolitan area like I do. I always want to explore my city but never have the time nor money but I figure maybe that could be my vacation.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I think it's a brilliant idea. I often try to visit London on my time off, cuz it's my capital city and not very far away and makes a lot of sense to try and see all the sights. Last holidays, I went on the London Eye. Before that, I visited the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the London Dungeons. Next year, I plan to go and see the Tower. ^^
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Staycations only work if you are really committed to the concept.

I can't do them. If I'm at home, I see too many chores to do. If I'm going to do vacation stuff like sleep in, avoid housework, and see the sights, then I need to leave my house for several days. I'm not disciplined enough to relax, apparently.

Lace is right about the local attractions, though; sometimes our cities have so much to see, but the natives don't bother. A day trip here and there is a lot of fun, depending on where you live. I live in Southern Ontario, which means the cities are tightly packed. I'm within a few hours of Toronto, Niagara Falls, the wine regions, Stratford (for the theatre), and various beaches.

The best part about day trips is you can spend a lot while you're there, because you're saving so much on airfare and hotel rooms. You can do everything first-class, especially the meals.

Comment

I like staycations - it lets me get things done around the house and if I / we want to take a day trip (anywhere in Florida between Key West and Orlando / Kennedy Space Center could be a day trip) we go!

Comment

I'm normally Anti-Staycation. I used to give my brother and his wife a lot of crap for taking them. I just took one a few weeks ago.

I had originally planned to go out of town, but my engine picked an inopportune time to self-destruct. The budget I had set aside to go out to SoCal, hit the beach, and see if I could break the California Screaming roller coaster again went towards repairs.

Instead, I got caught up on laundry, played a lot of XBOX, and drank far more than I would've through a normal week. It wasn't as refreshing or recharging as going out of town would've been, but it was effective enough.

CH
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Any vacation is good. Staycations are a good way to take a mental day off, get stuff done, go sight seeing without so much hassle.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                X