Swearing when hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing when hurt

I didn't know where to put this really, but does anyone else swear when they get hurt? Like drop a anvil on your foot scream goddamn, or sonofabitch?

I've notice that everyone I know does some swear word over even saying ow.
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

I use "Dang it!" or some other 'replacement' word...usually 'Frak' or 'Gorram!'

Comment

I used to use placeholder curses before I realized that words are just words.

Now I quote the bartender in Boondock Saints when I get hurt "Fuck! Ass!"
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Depends on the level of pain.

Minor to moderate, "placeholders" (frick, frack, damn, crap, bugger, etc)
        Moderate to heavy, genuine article (fuck, shit, etc)
        Heavy to severe, Too much pain to bother, let it go down, then start up.
        Severe and up, unconscious at that point.

Comment

I swear like a sailor Need to work on that

Comment

I have a potty mouth, I'll admit, and I blaspheme like crazy. I swear when I get hurt, aggravated, frustrated, etc. I picked up some good ones from Penn and Teller's Bullshit like "Jesus the Jew!" (The episode on profanity is not to be missed.) Other favorites, "Jesus H. Christ" and "Christ on a Cross" along with your usual fucks, damns, shits, assholes, etc.

If you aren't willing to say "Damn it!" then why say "Darn it!" It means exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
              Now I quote the bartender in Boondock Saints when I get hurt "Fuck! Ass!"
              Where as I'm know to quote Rocko's demonstration of the versatility of a certain word.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Fuck or shit are usually the only ones I drop when I hurt myself. Son of a bitch or some more extreme version of this works well too.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                  Where as I'm know to quote Rocko's demonstration of the versatility of a certain word.
                  For those of you unfamiliar with that certain word's versatility, I refer you to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7d1dm99IJ4

Possibly NSFW if your W is full of prudes.
                  All units: IRENE
                  HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

I'm onboard with lordlundlar. It depends on the severity of the pain.

Comment

I tend to go "aagh!" or "grrrr" or something along those lines most of the time. Cussing would involve consciously pulling up words I don't otherwise use.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If I am at work, I use replacement swears; for example, fiddle, sugar, budgerigar, stickleback. If I'm elsewhere, then it's turn the air blue time. XD
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Fargin' icehole!
                          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                            I didn't know where to put this really, but does anyone else swear when they get hurt? Like drop a anvil on your foot scream goddamn, or sonofabitch?

I've notice that everyone I know does some swear word over even saying ow.
                            I curse when I'm in enough pain, and have scientific backing for doing so. :P
                            "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                            A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

I do cuss when I get hurt, mad or scared. I try not to it just comes out. I am very careful at work. Though I accidently said "fuck" within earshot of a customer.

As an aside though. Did you know that if you say *Corn Chips* in the same angry tone that you say *Bull Shit* you can actually make it sound like a cuss word

Now I'm wondering about the history of cussing. I mean who decided that certain words are considered cusswords. Who decided that fuck was a cussword but frak wasn't? Why not the other way around?
                              If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Working...
                              X