euthanasia -- yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
    One should be able to declare beforehand in writing under which circumstances their life should be terminated. Copies of this document should be left with an attorney and with a designated family member or friend.

Should the health care facility and/or the patient determine that termination should commence, the attorney as well as the designated person should be notified immediately.

Agreed. It's sad when people are forced to languish through all the suffering and pains of terminal illness and nobody should be forced to go through that. I think that if somebody wants to end their suffering, they should be able to have the right and the means to do so. If euthanasia were legal, I hope that having it done only under the written and express wishes of the person would keep people from using euthanasia as a cover up for nefarious purposes.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

One should be able to declare beforehand in writing under which circumstances their life should be terminated. Copies of this document should be left with an attorney and with a designated family member or friend.
      So long as, regardless of what they have signed, if they indicate that they've changed their mind and want to live, that too is respected.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        So long as, regardless of what they have signed, if they indicate that they've changed their mind and want to live, that too is respected.
        Well, yeah...
        "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
        -- OMM 0000

Comment

I was going to make a topic because of this thread, but since I found this I'll just post here.

I don't think euthanasia should be done for lots of things, but I know that personally, if it's a slow deteriorating condition like Alzheimer's I'd want to die quickly. My mother's also requested that we never let her get like the end-stage patients either.

Comment

If this comes about I'll never be able to sleep again.
            Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
              If this comes about I'll never be able to sleep again.
              Why not?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think euthanasia should be an option for someone who is terminally ill or suffering with no chance of recovery. I think people should be allowed to die with dignity. I think people should be allowed to make those decisions for themselves.

Comment

The people who make the laws have never had to deal with pain that either will not go away or requires medicine so strong that all that is left is a mindless zombie. They don't have a clue what it is like. "Oh they are sleeping peacefully, in no pain." you know this HOW exactly?? Of course I don't know if they are suffering or not..but they said "If this happens I want to be let go." that is good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X