Cyclists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
    every place MAY have laws but that does not mean the motorists OR the cyclists obey them.

1. reflective clothing or garments OR light colored clothing -- non exisistant
    2. reflective or flashing light gear on cycle -- nonexsistant
    3. obeying traffic laws -- non exsistant
    4. obeying basic safety rules requarding cell phone usage or texting -- non exsistant
    5. feeling like you own the road and eveyone should acceed to your royal bikeness-- very prevelant
    6. using yoiur eyes and ears to perceive your surroundings -- non exisitant
    7. using proper road equitette -- nonexsistant

Winter or colder weather
    much the same thing
    1. no lights or reflective clothing/gear
    2. very dark clothing (hmmmmm yeah wearing light colors after Labor Day is a sin)
    3. even the snow does not help me since the street lights are poor
    This, this is the reason why I hate cyclist. It isn’t because of the good ones who actually follow the rules. I understand that they have a right to the road as well as me and my SUV. . I treat them like I do motorcyclist. Give them a lot of room, its safest for them and me. Its because the good cyclists are out numbered by the idiots who somehow think their invincible. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were outnumbered a good 100 to 1. Its that rare in my area.

Every day I see the teenage ones act as if a car can stop on a dime, careening back and forth and darting between roads. I have seen one of those idiots get hit because the idiot decided to dart out of a yard into the front of a car. Resulted in a broken leg. Friends scattered like roaches. Same kids still act like they own the road and are indestructible.

Every day I see people with no signals, no protective gear, no reflective/light clothing. Healmets on heads. Hahaha, that would mess up their heir. You’ve got to love it when a person of color (black, brown, whitie with a really good tan) decides to have no reflective gear, dress in dark clothing and have a black bike. At night it makes driving home an adventurer. Oh the attempted heart attacks. I’ve had these people dart out of nowhere. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a game to see how close one of them can get to the car and touch it.

Plus when it comes to biking you have multiple generations all working with different rules. I’ve yet to see a rules for the road booklet for cyclist. Such as wither or not to ride with or against the flow of traffic. Both my grandmother and my mother can remember when you were suppose to ride against the flow, so that you could see the cars coming toward you and take appropriate action. Like riding on the sidewalk. I’ve even seen an old episode of Adam-9 that had the police telling kids that their to ride that way. Now a days we’re to ride with the flow of traffic. I thank god my Mom doesn’t cycle. She’d be working on 1970’s rules that would result on her being plastered to the street.

Comment

Originally posted by KitterCat View Post
      Same kids still act like they own the road and are indestructible.
      ALL kids act like their indestructible, being on a bike just adds another facet to that!

Something that I've recently discovered which helps - hi viz gloves, makes signals so clear even Stevie Wonder knows what's going on!
      The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Originally posted by KitterCat View Post
        Plus when it comes to biking you have multiple generations all working with different rules. I’ve yet to see a rules for the road booklet for cyclist. Such as wither or not to ride with or against the flow of traffic. Both my grandmother and my mother can remember when you were suppose to ride against the flow, so that you could see the cars coming toward you and take appropriate action. Like riding on the sidewalk. I’ve even seen an old episode of Adam-9 that had the police telling kids that their to ride that way. Now a days we’re to ride with the flow of traffic. I thank god my Mom doesn’t cycle. She’d be working on 1970’s rules that would result on her being plastered to the street.
        The rules haven't changed as far as I know. And cyclists still have to follow all the same rules as cars do. They have to stop at stop signs, red lights, etc.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I remember when biking seemed a lot simpler, sure helmets had to be worn, but no one was up in arms about riding on the sidewalks, and at least where I grew up riding in traffic was almost unheard of, if you had to be on the road you moved out of the way when cars came up behind you. Maybe that comes from living in a small town though.

Comment

Working...
          X