The Duggars (and others like them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess-Snake View Post
    So, do you think that my aunt is "pushing it" because she has four children? Granted, one of them is an adult, but the other three are not even 8 years old yet. A friend of mine is the youngest of three children, so was his mom "pushing it?" My dad is the oldest of four children. So apparantly, Grandma was "pushing it" too. So, if I want to have three or four kids someday, (and I do) am I "pushing it?" I could continue with this list, but I'll stop here.

As for the Duggars, I don't really care how many children they have as long as the kids are healthy, happy, well-cared for, and have an education. (home school, public school, private school, whatever the parents choose) They could have 50 kids for all I care. It's not really anybody's business.
    I'm sorry, but yes, I think everyone was "pushing it". The world is over-populated. The world does not have unlimited resources. The more children people have, the faster those resources become depleted.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Throwing in my two cents regarding the double standard about "pro-choice but not that choice": If I were, hypothetically, to have an abortion, I would have no problem with a pro-lifer telling me that they disapproved of my abortion. What I do have a problem with is pro-lifers attempting to pass legislation saying that it is illegal for me to have an abortion. As far as I can tell, nobody is saying that it should be illegal for the Duggars to do what they're doing. We're saying that we find it morally and ethically worrisome.

So no, it's not a double standard. Being pro-choice is not about personally approving of every conceivable choice a person could make about reproduction, it's about saying that the government shouldn't be allowed to make those choices for us.

Comment

I had a friend who was the 14th child in his family. They were spread out a little bit more from the sounds of it. There were only about half at most still living at home when he was growing up. Honestly, it is going to depend on the parents. His did a good job. Some won't do so good of a job. But I don't think it's something we can judge as an over all thing.

Comment

Working...
        X