Blaming the man for misguided sex...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    And it's amazing how we don't get teen pregnancies and the STD rate was very low.
    That's what good sex education does.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
      Hm, good point.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
        Amazing how much better education works than treating people like mushrooms.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          Amazing how much better education works than treating people like mushrooms.

^-.-^
          Keeping them in the dark and feeding them bullshit?
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
            And I don't know why you brought up incest in another post as an example, incest is incest regardless of age, sex and relationship of both or more parties, this is not incest.
            Incest is incest regardless of relationship?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
              Incest is incest regardless of relationship?
              i think they mean be it parent/sibling/aunt/uncle/cousin/grandma etc its all considered incest.
              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                I'm going to have to disagree with this since it just isn't factually true. It's one of those blanket statements adults like to make about teenagers that has no real basis. Having just graduated high school less than five and a half years ago, I can say with absolutely certainty that many, many girls know exactly what sex is about. Maybe it's because girls at my high school or in my area are more sexually liberated and we get real sex education, but whatever the reason is, plenty of girls are having sex for whatever reasons work for them and they are happy with it.

And it's amazing how we don't get teen pregnancies and the STD rate was very low.
                back 35 years or so ago when I was in HS, during the Dark Ages of Sex Ed, (as in NO sex ed classes nor was it really included in 1st year Biology class AND most parents did not really teach or TALK to their children about sex) there were LOTS of teenagers havin sex. this also was during the thin end to the "love the one your with" era. heck I lost my virginity at 14 (the girl was 15) and I did hear lots of other "stories" (I am not attesting to the "truthfullness" of said stories as teenaged boys tend to exagerate A LOT) about couples engaging in a "little (or a lot of) fun". I do know that several girls got pregant during HS but they shuffled them off to a segregated school. STDs were still rare then (way before AIDS got going).

at least my parents (in their very limited way) gave me some educational type books to read when I started asking about the subject. they discouraged me from asking THEM any questions but then most of what I knew at the time I started being "active" came from Letters To Penthouse

at least I knew the basics of howto prevent pregancy.

this day and age is not really all that unique. there was getting to 1st 2d and third base (and hey maybe if you got luck you got a home run) back in the 50's but that was just not that "publized" nor public knowledge but yet it still was going on even though this was still in the Dark Ages.

now-a-days Sex Ed is part of some schools program, the internet has its uses (for educational information and if you will pron) and sex has almost become casual as it seems to surround us in our daily lives ie. look at almost any major magazine these days and there it is .
                Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-29-2011, 07:14 AM.
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
                  i think they mean be it parent/sibling/aunt/uncle/cousin/grandma etc its all considered incest.
                  Yes, I didn''t think a grandparent/child uncle/niece list was warranted, still bringing up incest in a thread that was nothing to do with it is a bit boggling, the teacher/student in the OP were not Father/Daughter.

I might as well say "don't fuck your pet's" whilst we're at it, it's something frowned upon, but just as the incest post totally irrelevant.

Comment

Greenday: I apologize for the confusion. But I was not talking about highschoolers. I was talking about middleschoolers, who for the most part are not teenagers. I was replying to the statement about not trusting someone who said twelve year olds were hitting on them. There's a lot of sex in high school. Trust me, I know that. I wasn't generalizing about highschoolers or teenagers, I was generalizing about 'tweens'.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                      Yes, I didn''t think a grandparent/child uncle/niece list was warranted, still bringing up incest in a thread that was nothing to do with it is a bit boggling, the teacher/student in the OP were not Father/Daughter.

I might as well say "don't fuck your pet's" whilst we're at it, it's something frowned upon, but just as the incest post totally irrelevant.
                      i dunno. i mean, while i can understand that teacher =/= father, there is a line of psychologists that do consider people sleeping/fantasizing with those in positions of authority/under them or significantly older/younger partners to be in a category of misplaced incest. why alot of girls digging older guys are considered to have daddy issues, etc.

also i apparently read too much for my own good and should just shush now. lmfao.

Comment

When I was in the tweenie/early teen years, I crushed on a couple of my teachers, and it had nothing to do with anything related to my father (bleh... *shiver* ), and everything to do with them being very cute early 20-somethings who I had contact with on a nearly daily basis.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think people get too hung up on the age thing. I know girls that were as young as 13-14 having sex with older guys and they knew exactly what they were doing. No one was taking advantage of them or preying on their youthful innocence or their hormones. Not every guy who does a 13 year old is a pedophile.

Comment

Actually, nobody doing a 13-year-old is a pedophile; that handle is used for people preying on prepubescent children. But that's been mentioned before on these boards, in several threads.

Personally, I'm torn on this issue here. There's several points that bother me, so I find it difficult to clearly decry right and wrong here.

1. Teachers shouldn't sleep with their students, especially not with teenagers. There is a definite imbalance in power and maturity between the two that is in the teacher's favor and will always make a relationship between them look... skeevy.

2. Still, there is the double standard that has already been mentioned: a male teacher with a female student will face far stronger resentment than a female teacher with a male student. Actually, I think that's more or less the only example I can think of where females are treated better than males with regards to sex.

3. The article that girl wrote smacks too much of "I'm the poor, naive, helpless victim; he's the big, bad, evil man!" to me. Just leaves a foul taste in my mouth, even though I can't condone the fact that the teacher slept with his student.
                            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                              When I was in the tweenie/early teen years, I crushed on a couple of my teachers, and it had nothing to do with anything related to my father (bleh... *shiver* ), and everything to do with them being very cute early 20-somethings who I had contact with on a nearly daily basis.

^-.-^
                              oh i know, and i'm partnered with someone almost 20 years my senior and have zero dad issues. but for some people it IS that way, enough people that there is some literature on the subject. IMO i do not find the comparison that unfounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
                                The article that girl wrote smacks too much of "I'm the poor, naive, helpless victim; he's the big, bad, evil man!" to me. Just leaves a foul taste in my mouth, even though I can't condone the fact that the teacher slept with his student.
                                Considering that the article was written several years after the teacher in question already lost his license to teach in public schools, I can't see what the point of it was other than to either try to fuck his life up because she can't get over it, or to try to convince someone in her life that she was far too young and innocent to even remotely be responsible.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                                X