So I have this friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have this friend

Until today she was in the Middle East, engaged to a guy. Then he popped off with a comment about how he wished he could see a man message her on facebook so he could cut her up in pieces and mail her to him!

Over the course of 3 weeks the group of women who she told about this, we've all known each other online for like 15 years, have talked her into seeing the danger he represents, calling the Embassy, saving money to get to the Embassy, calling her old job in the states to see if she could get it back, and today she's flying back to the states from the Middle East. One of the women in the group is picking her up at the airport and giving her a place to stay till she can get a couple pay checks at her job.

I'm so relieved. She's safe now.
    I had to tell someone.

Yikes!

What a sociopath!

Glad he popped off with that comment before she married him.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Good. I just hope that's the end of it...
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

OMG...glad she got out while she could. That dude sounds like a psycho! Better to have lost than to love a psycho!
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

That's... wow. SO happy she's headed back, and please keep us posted.

That doesn't even sound like the jealous hubby thing, like "I wish I could catch her being tempted to cheat, so when she turns him down, my faith in her will be set in stone." That's just straight-up "I wish I had a good excuse to murder my fiancee!" Guy needs a boot to the head.

Comment

She's arrived. Safe and sound if a little shook up.

Comment

talk about psychotic!

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                talk about psychotic!
                Maybe. he may be one of the "I have found or been reborn into my religious and/or national/tribal culture" wackos that you hear about on occasion. these "men" suddenly "find" their culture again after being in say the US for 20 years, then some "crisis" happens iin their "home country" and they get all patrotic and religious. then grab gthe wife and kids, go home, take (read steal) the passports, and literally ensalve the wife to the home country's culture/religion.

At least she found out the "real" person before it was too late.
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Akasa View Post
                  She's arrived. Safe and sound if a little shook up.
                  Good to hear. I'm glad that she did the smart thing and RAN.
                  I'm also glad he didn't catch her, depending on where they were that could have been legal grounds to kill her.

Comment

Working...
                  X