But you don't look....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Short of actually having a man on one arm and a woman on the other, how does one "look bi"?
    I am not sure but I have actually been told, "No your not into guys you don't look like your into guys so your not into guys your straight"
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

I'm sort of a mutt where my heritage is concerned. Dad's dad's family was primarily Dutch. In fact, they migrated from Denmark. After that generation, though, there's a mix of Irish, Scotch-Irish, Native American, and I'm not even sure what. I think one of our family geneology books mentions "free persons of color" back in the family tree somewhere. Mom's side of the family has some Native American, I think German, and I'm not sure what else. I've only ever had one person ask me about my heritage, wanting to know if I'm "black Irish" (Irish with dark hair). I can understand why though--I'm fair-skinned, freckled, with hair so dark brown/auburn that most people think it's black, and leaf green eyes. Another thing most people don't expect of me is my musical taste. It was an interesting moment when my former co-workers at my old store found out I listen to Metallica and have Master of Puppets as my ringtone!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        It really surprises me that he was pushing all that "blonde hair, blue eyes" stuff and people didn't stop and think, "Hey, wait a second, you have neither of those..."
        'Aryans' were just 'Whatever Hitler liked at the time.'

According to Hitler's crack team of Nazi scientists, Japanese people were Aryans. There was the 'Aryan ideal' but you could be an Aryan and look like a Japanese guy. you just weren't the IDEAL Aryan. I suspect if it had gone on much longer, we would have 'shockingly' found out that Japanese people weren't Aryan any more.

...And I don't know what the fuck is up with the Lapps.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I am Black Irish, Cherokee. When I tell people that, they usually say that I do not look Black or Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
            'Aryans' were just 'Whatever Hitler liked at the time.'
            Of course we have to remember that Hitler himself was on amphetamines...and 90 (!) different prescriptions during the war years. Still, it is amusing to see him rant and rave about the "master race," how Germans were "superior," the "blonde/blue eyes" thing...when none of those things applied to him! Why the hell didn't his own citizens go "what the fuck are you talking about?" But by then, they were simply following exactly what they wanted to hear.

Anyhoo, back on topic, my heritage is a bit mixed. Dad's family came from Ireland, Germany, and Norway (last name roughly translates to "eastern house"). Probably why I have a fiery temper, reddish hairs mixed in with the brown, and probably why I don't mind cold weather Seriously though, anyone with the same name, is probably related to me...if you go back far enough. There's only one root to the name.

Mom's side of the family is more difficult to trace. Her last name is annoyingly common. I do know that the majority of them came from Germany and Austria. Remember, those two countries were once linked--they were part of the remnants of the Holy Roman Empire, which ended in 1806. However, others came from England and Wales. Others...were apparently Native Americans, but I have yet to confirm this.

Comment

Working...
            X