Hunger Games Approved for viewing in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games Approved for viewing in China

I was browings a couple of news sites and came across this link to a Hunger Games Fansite and it reminded me of the China Bans Time Travel Fiction thread

I really wonder how the Chineese Govenment is going to handle this. esp with the implied or subtle FU to the Capitol that is one of the main themes of the book series.

I suspect they will NEVER allow the 2d and 3d movies (based on the way the books are written) to ever reach their shores. too much "radical stuff" going on.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Hmm, Dubbed and Subtitled... it would be interesting to see what the spin is through the dubbing and subtitling. They'd have a lot of leeway on how the movie is presented that way. Those that understand English enough to know the real movie are probably in fairly 'safe' areas of China anyways; while the masses will see a dubbed/subtitled movie that spins out a story of a girl triumphing with true love in a tough competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
      Hmm, Dubbed and Subtitled... it would be interesting to see what the spin is through the dubbing and subtitling. They'd have a lot of leeway on how the movie is presented that way. Those that understand English enough to know the real movie are probably in fairly 'safe' areas of China anyways; while the masses will see a dubbed/subtitled movie that spins out a story of a girl triumphing with true love in a tough competition.
      and that Rue is a midget and that Cato and Clove are really adults wanting to kill her.

SOMETHING like that

Ye gods I'm tired....bedtime for me!

Comment

I'm sure it'll be a mix of "change it to the opposite of the real thing" and "let it through unaltered", depending on whether a particular element opposes or supports what the government wants.

I'm reminded of "Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home". One "throwaway" line was passed intact by Soviet censors - on setting out in the 20th century U.S., Kirk told the crew "You are entering a primitive and paranoid society".

Comment

Working...
        X