Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Why would a gun kill a zombie?
    Traumatic brain injury will take out a zombie, it's a well known fact established by numerous accounts . And I'd rather do it from a distance than going up close, so gun or crossbow it is .

Comment

Originally posted by Skelly View Post
      Define "airgun"? The ones you can buy without any license in the UK? Nope. The high-powered ones shooting .50 caliber slugs at high velocities. Yep .
      Crossbow would probably do the trick though.
      I have an airgun myself - a Crossman Model 38T made in the mid 60s. It's designed for training and hunting very small game. Training cos it's weighted the same as the S&W 38 special, but much cheaper on ammo. Small game cos it fires .22 lead slugs.

This "weapon" is deadly... to stuff the size of a squirrel.

So unless you have an invasion of zombie squirrels, chipmunks, birds, or other small animals... you'd have a better chance if you tried beating the zombie over the head with it.

And if you're using a modern airgun... the ones I've seen in the store are mostly plastic. So even pistol-whipping your way to safety isn't much of an option with those.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 06-10-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

If theres zombie squirrels, were all screwed.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Skelly View Post
          Traumatic brain injury will take out a zombie, it's a well known fact established by numerous accounts . And I'd rather do it from a distance than going up close, so gun or crossbow it is .
          If you had to, twist the neck around.

I prefer long distance stuff myself. I remember in the second Resident Evil movie a guy had a sniper rifle taking out the zombies.

Comment

i read somewhere that people enjoy zombies in film because the concept is actually scary. you could wake up one morning and your partner/ parents/ friends are coming after you and trying to kill you. and they can't be reasoned with or stopped, so you have to kill them or be killed.
            it's not like a vampire, with sentinance and that can be reasoned with to a degree. it's a motorized machine that will obey it's master // hunger (depending on the type)
            they are the perfect fuel for political commentary because of their mindlessness. they've been used in commentary on racism, classism, tapped into our fears on mysticism in the past to science and bio-warfare in the present.
            they are the perfect villan to slot into any time period, any society, and any situation. they made fade in and out of the limelight in film, but they've never really stopped.
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X