because I made "x decision" everyone else is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
    The opposite can also be twisted into Pro-abortion or Pro-murder...
    If they were "pro-abortion" then they'd be advocating that all women should get abortions. They'd be advocating that abortion is awesome, and be giving information as to why it is so awesome and why children suck and why we shouldn't bring more in.

If they were "pro-murder", you'd first have to prove that an abortion is murder. You can't just say "THAT'S MURDER" and viola! It's now murder. If you argue that abortion is murder, then you'd also have to argue that someone pulling the plug on a person who is on life support/vegetable state is also murder.

The reason this side is called "pro-choice" is because they want women to have the option the choice. "Pro-Choice" people want women to have control and sovereignty over their own bodies, and to not immediately become enslaved to the pregnancy as soon as any of a myriad of methods of prevention fail.

If a woman feels that an abortion would be murder, Pro-Choice people say "Sure! That is your choice to carry that child to term, more strength to you."

If a woman feels that she could not handle/cope with a pregnancy (for any reason) Pro-choice people say, "Sure. That is your choice, your decision over your own body."

If a woman feels that she could not handle/cope with a pregnancy, Anti-Abotion people say, "WELL TOO FUCKING BAD. YOU'RE CARRYING THAT CHILD ANYWAY!"

Comment

I've also noticed prolife people bringing up the girls who use abortion as birth control as reasoning against abortion. To my mind; sure, it sucks, but those girls would make terrible parents and would probably abuse their kids anyway. But of course, once a child is born it doesn't matter, right?
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        I've also noticed prolife people bringing up the girls who use abortion as birth control as reasoning against abortion.
        That scenario is exceedingly rare, due to: expensive, invasive, medical procedure vs. any other form of birth control-abortion usually isn't a first choice. So it's more or less a strawman.
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
          That scenario is exceedingly rare, due to: expensive, invasive, medical procedure vs. any other form of birth control-abortion usually isn't a first choice. So it's more or less a strawman.
          agreed. plus, if they were willing to teach properly the various types of birth control and how they are used, there would probably be far less unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
          All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Exactly. A lot of these people also act as tho every single woman who has an abortion is gleefully running to the clinic whooping with joy, holding a sign that says, "I love killing fetuses!" when in actual fact it's a very weighty decision which is not made lightly and several women need counselling both before and afterwards.

Comment

wow I found this and it's a more drawn out version of the conversation I had, oddly enough, started by the same picture.

How to spot and out a pro-lifer that really just hates sex and women

Pretty good read, bit long though.
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Ugh. I hate that kind of person, who thinks that if you're a woman who enjoys sex, then you're a whore. And they think that said whore deserves to be punished by being forced to endure pregnancy and birth. Reminds me of the idiot who thought that rape doesn't result in pregnancy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/us...tion.html?_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                  I've heard of precisely one person, mentioned in my Human Sexuality class, who was essentially using abortion as birth control. And she was widely regarded as an idiot.
                  "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Working...
                  X