Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel spoiled with my use of soap and deodorant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel spoiled with my use of soap and deodorant.

Due to Sandy and serious financial strain, I was forced to change programs, and schools this semester. Yesterday was my first day of classes and I have to admit, I think I'm going to love it! The class is extreme diverse, the professors kind, everything is perfect except we have these two ladies from Bangladesh. While they are very sweet to talk to, they both reek.

Part of me wants to say it's a cultural thing and I shouldn't feel like screaming but I have to spend six hours with these women who completely and totally stink. It isn't even like mild BO smell, this is full on rotting lady week smell. When they left on their break, two classmates rushed for a window to clear out the room it was so bad.

If your smell fills a room and actually causes people to move seats, I think it's time for a bath. And maybe some bleach.

"Ocean Breeze soap. For people who don't want to stink."
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Back when I first started working there was a cashier who was like that, all the other cashiers would give her a ton of soap and shampoo to put back whenever she did returns. They would take soap off the shelf for just that reason (she had no idea) and sometimes comment to her about how nice the soap smelled, she just wasn't getting the hint and was told the truth about why noone wanted to go nowhere near her. She got pissed off and was gone a couple of days after that.
      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

That was trend I noticed while in Afghanistan. People from that region of the world that you mentioned tended to smell like they never showered. I finally found out that those people did bathe, except it was only once in a while and it consisted of just slapping some water on themselves from the sink in the bathrooms.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

It's worth noting that people who eat heavy spices will sweat out spicy scents, despite regular bathing.

Curry is apparently one of those types of spices that will cause a person to smell heavily.

And the people who smell that way can't tell because they've been around it so long that they can't small anything of that molecule shape.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X