Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dangers of homosexual men (old clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dangers of homosexual men (old clip)

Trigger warning for homophobia

I wasn't quite sure where to put this one, and I knew it wasn't suitable for CS so I'm putting it here.

A Warning About Homosexuals

Argh, from the bad old days of diagnosing sexual differences as mental disorders.

Comment

I remember Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) riffing on this. If I didn't know better, I'd say this was a parody of the fifties.

Comment

The sad part is that people still believe this.

Comment

I stumbled across it whilst on youtube last week. It looks like something that Harry Enfield would come up with.

Comment

A lot of the anti-gay comments make me cringe from stupidity. People saying homosexuality isn't right because it's supposed to be man and woman, not man and man. Guess what? Cocks weren't meant to go down a woman's throat, either, but I would bet money that the complainers have no problem with oral sex.

Comment

Guess what? Cocks weren't meant to go down a woman's throat, either, but I would bet money that the complainers have no problem with oral sex.
              That particular argument is like saying that since mouths are for eating, it's sinful to speak.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                That particular argument is like saying that since mouths are for eating, it's sinful to speak.
                Really? Using a reproductive organ for purposes other than reproduction is just like using a mouth (which is connected to a throat and vocal cords) for something other than eating?

My point is that the entire argument some of these people have against homosexual sex is that it's "not right" or "gross." People try and say that men weren't meant to have sex with one another because it can't lead to a child. Well, oral and anal sex can't lead to a child, either, but it's still "okay" for a heterosexual couple to do it.

Why can't people cut the bullshit and just admit they don't agree with homosexual sex because it squicks them? Probably because "I DON'T AGREE WITH IT" is not a valid reason to take away a person's civil rights.
                Last edited by Seifer; 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seifer View Post
                  Why can't people cut the bullshit and just admit they don't agree with homosexual sex because it squicks them? Probably because "I DON'T AGREE WITH IT" is not a valid reason to take away a person's civil rights.
                  Agreed. But I'll bet a lot of those who know this still believe that it's OK to deny civil rights based on what the Bible - aka; a big book of fairy tales written over a thousand years ago IS a good reason. Never mind that the fact that it was written in an old language and went through several editions and changes and translations that even the best contemporary scholars say there's much of it that we can't be certain of and can only speculate.

Comment

Working...
                  X