X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork covered bullets

To make Muslims extra dead. I wasn't sure what area to put this under

http://jihawg.com/about-us
    A natural deterrent that prevents violence just by owning it but will strike fear into the hearts of those bent upon hate, violence and murder. Jihawg Ammo is certified "Haraam" or unclean. According to the belief system of the radical Islamist becoming "unclean" during Jihad will prevent their attaining entrance into heaven. Jihawg Ammo is a natural deterrent to radical and suicidal acts of violence.

I would find this more offensive if I didn't find it so stupid.

it's like they think that muslims are some sort of weird vampires that instead of being hurt by garlic are hurt by ham.

The thing is... this will probably work. The rational, reasonable Muslims will roll their eyes at it, but the radical extremists - the ones most likely to be talked into insanity like suicide bombing for God's Glory - are more likely to fear for the possibility that their Immortal Reward could be taken away from them in this fashion. It would, at the very least, make them think twice about it.

Starting the countdown until Jihawg ammo is decried as inhuman, evil, and other nasty things by Islamic power groups... now.

Comment

This sounds familiar. Was there a war in India or thereabouts where they either did this with both beef and pork fat, or else just spread rumors that it was done, to rile up both Hindus and Muslims?
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

There was. The Indian Rebellion of 1857. The Hindu and Muslim soldiers believed that the musket packets had been greased with pork fat and were being ordered to bite into the packets to load their muskets.

It wasn't done to rile up the natives though, although it was a final cause before the explosion.
        I has a blog!

Comment

That's it. Thanks.

And Nekojin, exactly. And the rational, reasonable Muslims, like rational and reasonable people everywhere, aren't going to be doing this sort of thing whether the bullets are pork or not.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

You know, I actually asked a Muslim patient of mine about...well, not this exactly, but something similar. Maybe it's different among strict fundamentalists, but according to this person I asked, the restriction on pork only involves actually eating it, not having it introduced to the body in other ways (in this case, the patient had dietary notices about no pork, but was being given porcine heparin, which according to him was fine since he wasn't actually eating it).

Comment

actually, it's not even an absolute ban. Basically, if you have to eat pork or whatever or starve, tgen the rules say you can eat it. The islam rules on what you can eat are supposed to be guidelines, not absolutes. ( basically, thye are avoid these foods, not don't eat these foods)

Comment

And would you not think that the deity who imposed these guidelines (or this ban, as some no doubt see it) would understand that this "contamination" wasn't ingested by them willingly and voluntarily and thus would not condemn them to ... oh, forget it. Logic doesn't even get a walk-on in these kinds of loony situations.

Comment

They say bacon makes everything better. Wonder if it's actually true with bullets.

Comment

I don't know if this is true or not, but I once read somewhere on the web that the injunction against pork was less about religion and more about using religion to protect people from the dangers of pork before modern processing.

Basically since pork was making people sick if it wasn't prepared properly (to kill off the Trichinella spiralis parasite), a ban against it enforced by the religious leaders kept their people from eating it and getting sick.

But since I've never bothered to look at it in detail, I can't say how true it is. But it's an interesting and plausible theory.
                    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      I don't know if this is true or not, but I once read somewhere on the web that the injunction against pork was less about religion and more about using religion to protect people from the dangers of pork before modern processing.

Basically since pork was making people sick if it wasn't prepared properly (to kill off the Trichinella spiralis parasite), a ban against it enforced by the religious leaders kept their people from eating it and getting sick.

But since I've never bothered to look at it in detail, I can't say how true it is. But it's an interesting and plausible theory.
                      That tends to be the interpretation of why it's in Leviticus along with other foods as being not kosher.
                      I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                        That tends to be the interpretation of why it's in Leviticus along with other foods as being not kosher.
                        I'm guessing hence the referral of certain foods being "unclean"

I'm also guessing that it's the same reason against the milk/meat separation? (not at the same time and different utensils)

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                          I'm guessing hence the referral of certain foods being "unclean"

I'm also guessing that it's the same reason against the milk/meat separation? (not at the same time and different utensils)
                          Pretty much. They knew that certain things got them sick and certain combinations of things got them sick, but, of course, the reason why it did that wasn't known. So it's easier just to say "Don't eat it" or "Don't do it" and leave it at that.
                          I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                            Pretty much. They knew that certain things got them sick and certain combinations of things got them sick, but, of course, the reason why it did that wasn't known. So it's easier just to say "Don't eat it" or "Don't do it" and leave it at that.

Same applies to shellfish. Since there was virtually no food refrigeration, shellfish was the kind of thing that, if you didn't catch it yourself, it WOULD get you sick from spoilage.

Comment

The milk/meat thing comes from a more specific restriction not to cook a calf (or maybe a kid; doesn't matter) in its mother's milk. It's a respect for life thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X