No announcement yet.

My Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like iced tea. I just found it strange that not one grown adult knew how to make hot tea ,some had never even had it before.

Comment

The tea I've made and have seen made all started out as hot tea but was then allowed to cool to room temp and was then poured over ice as needed. When I was a kid during dinner on the grounds events at church everyone brought a gallon jug of tea and it was poured into a big galvanized wash tub with everyone else's tea. A cooler with ice set next to the tub and you just helped yourself to what you wanted. Also back then there was only one kind of of iced tea and that was so sweet it could barely stay in solution.
      Some F&B places these days only make unsweetened tea and will then provide sweetener. As I do not care for the various tastes of artificial sweeteners and sugar will not dissolve in cold tea I've learned to drink tea at such places as it without any sweeteners. Too bad they don't have simple syrup available.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Actually, sugar will dissolve in chilled drinks, but you have to stir it to get it to do so.

I used to drink iced sugar water as a kid, so I got really good at getting the sugar to dissolve.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A little bit of sugar will dissolve in chilled drinks, but it won't do it in amounts necessary to make iced tea come out as sweet as sweet tea is supposed to be if you stir until your arm falls off.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
          X